2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

England were much better today but much more improvement to come i hope !!!!
We're still more shock and awe than consistently dangerous
We looked tired at the end of that game, one of the tournament favourites will sit back and soak us up, then hit us in the last 15 when the legs have faded.

Good group result, there is justice after all, US were deservedly group winners as, for me, they were the best team in the group. I must admit, when I saw that disallowed goal today, I thought I could smell the smell of a political stink; no worries, they're through.

We're still more shock and awe than consistently dangerous
We looked tired at the end of that game, one of the tournament favourites will sit back and soak us up, then hit us in the last 15 when the legs have faded.

oh yeah agree with you there, thought they might have put Joe Cole on the left and Gerard down the middle, as i think with Cole and Defoe up front we wern't holding the ball up and when Heskey came on there was no one to flick the ball onto

Alright USA!!! Great fricken game. The US never gives up and that is what is great about them.

Now looking forward to the Germany game tonight. If Germany shows up they should win, but it will be a tough match. If Germany does win (which I think they will), they will go on to play England in the Round of 16!

It's not to be for the Aussies
Ghana really annoyed me with their finishing, they had more than one chance to score and completely spooned it over the bar, they're a half-decent side but they can't finish

I hope the Aussies have learned from the Germany game, that was the match that cost them, they couldn't recover that kind of goal difference. Tournament football is different to league football in that the players are pacing themselves for a maximum of six matches; you need a lot of young legs in the squad with a sprinkling of experience, not the other way around.

Alright Germany!!! Certainly not the best game, but the better team. Also not the most beautiful game, but it is still worth 3 points. I think Ghana was a very worthy opponent. I too agree that they had lots of trouble finishing, but so did Germany. They had lots and lots of chances, but blew quite a few of them. I think Ghana is technical wise a very good team, just lousy finishers. I think Germany is very good technical wise as well, plays good Defense and good Offense, but is very poor in the Counter Attack area. They are a bit too slow when Counter Attacking.

Can't wait till the game vs. England. That will be interesting. I think Germany is the better team, but England has more experience, and sometimes I think the Germans are scared of England. This is actually the match I wanted for the World Cup Finals, but unfortunately it will take place on Sunday. May the best team win (hopefully Germany...:lol:).

All in all this was a great World Cup day for me. What more can I ask for? Both Germany and the USA win their groups!

The most important match of the tournament so far is on tonight - New Zealand vs. Paraguay.

I hope everyone here is cheering for NZ!!!

Nice to see a decent strike from a longer distance by Ozil, can't believe how many over the goal misses there are. The Aussie guy also.......

Very very proud of our boys today,if only we'd attacked against Germany instead of hiding in a shell.I went beserk after the 2nd goal.
Alas it wasn't to be.:cry:
Go Kiwis!!
Obviously,I hope England win against Germany....:D
Cheers,
Tony.

Alright Germany!!! Certainly not the best game, but the better team. Also not the most beautiful game, but it is still worth 3 points. I think Ghana was a very worthy opponent. I too agree that they had lots of trouble finishing, but so did Germany. They had lots and lots of chances, but blew quite a few of them. I think Ghana is technical wise a very good team, just lousy finishers. I think Germany is very good technical wise as well, plays good Defense and good Offense, but is very poor in the Counter Attack area. They are a bit too slow when Counter Attacking.

That's brilliant commentary, that is. Germany can play beautiful futbol, just not today. Glad that USA is not playing them in the first round. When Germany has their game on they are phenomenal. Hopefully USA will advance and not have to meet them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back