2010 World Cup - South Africa (1 Viewer)

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maybe his replacement won't fly 50 feet in the air when he collides with a blade of grass...
LOL!!!! He'd certainly give Jacques Cousteau a run for his money..:lol:
Cheers,
Tony.
P.S. The Aussies were very ordinary against the USA,not a good sign...:(

Ballack is replaceable! He is only a mental factor for the Germans. He is not even the best player on the team. Personally I like his replacement better anyhow.

I think the Germans are going to surprise everyone. The team is a very young and talented team and is made up mostly of the same players that won the last U21 Euro Cup 2 years ago. I think this team will go as far as they want to and has a great chance of winning the whole thing.

Bad news however for the Dutch. It looks like Robben will miss the World Cup.

Nope, he's going to play. Looks like his injury is not as bad as it looked

P.S. The Aussies were very ordinary against the USA,not a good sign...:(
Don't sweat it fella
no World Cup-qualified team in their right mind is going to give it 100% hammer and tongs this close to the tournament.

We looked ordinary against Mexico

Last edited:
Don't sweat it fella
no World Cup-qualified team in their right mind is going to give it 100% hammer and tongs this close to the tournament.

We looked ordinary against Mexico

And pretty awful against Japan. Weren't that convincing this afternoon either. It will no doubt improve for the tournament and hopefully we will go a long way.

:lol:

I think Robben is a great player. He has been amazing for my favorite club team Bayern Munich. He creates so many opportunities.
You are right on all counts
what disappointed me about him (while he was at Chelsea) was his willingness to perform Oscar-nominated swan dives whenever an opposing player stared at him. At around the same time, Drogba wasn't averse to triple flip-back cartwheel somersaults with extra mayonnaise and a portion of fries, either.

It could get pretty nauseating to watch.

You are right on all counts
what disappointed me about him (while he was at Chelsea) was his willingness to perform Oscar-nominated swan dives whenever an opposing player stared at him. At around the same time, Drogba wasn't averse to triple flip-back cartwheel somersaults with extra mayonnaise and a portion of fries, either.

It could get pretty nauseating to watch.

Ah so I guess while he was in Chelsea he is a like a Christian Ronaldo? :lol:

I'm surprised that Espana didn't get more votes. I think they are a huge contender.

I'd like to see the US get a win against England and Algeria, and then a match against Germany.

I'm surprised that Espana didn't get more votes. I think they are a huge contender.

I'd like to see the US get a win against England and Algeria, and then a match against Germany.

Germany will win their group, which means that in order for the US to play Germany, the US will have to take 2nd place and lose to at least England.

I too am hoping for a US/Germany Eight Finals Game to be played, because I do not want Germany to have to play England so early. I really am playing for a Germany and England Final game. That way Germany can get revenge for the stolen 1966 World Cup! ;)

Mexico and South Africa tied 1:1 in the first game of the 2010 World Cup!

Let the fun begin!

Tonight France will square off with Uruguay.

Last edited:
I thought the French looked terrible! I really expected more. Oh well, it was only the first game, they can still improve. Uruguay did not look much better either though. Neither team really seemed to have any creativity or desire to win the game.

Here are the World Cup Statistics after the 1st day of game play:

Goals Scored
1. Siphiwe Tshabalala (South Africa) - 1
2. Rafael Marquez (Mexico) - 1

Goal Assists
1. Itumeleng Khune (South Africa) - 1
2. Oscar Perez (Mexico) - 1

Yellow Cards
1. Nicolas Lodeiro (Uruguay) - 2
2. Kagisho Dikgacoi (South Africa) - 1
3. Tsepo Masilela (South Africa) - 1
4. Efrain Juarez (Mexico) - 1
5. Gerardo Torrado (Mexico) - 1
6. Diego Lugano (Uruguay) - 1
7. Mauricio Victorino (Uruguay) - 1
8. Frank Ribery (France) - 1
9. Patrice Evra (France) - 1
10. Jeremy Toulalan (France) - 1

Yellow - Red Cards
1. Nicolas Lodeiro (Uruguay) - 1

Red Cards
None

Shots
1. France - 18
2. Mexico - 14
3. South Africa - 9
4. Uruguay - 7

Shots on Goal
1. Mexico - 5
2. South Africa - 5
3. France - 3
4. Uruguay - 3

Goals
1. South Africa - 1
2. Mexico - 1
3. France - 0
4. Uruguay - 0

Tomorrows Games
Argentina - Nigeria
South Korea - Greece
England - USA

Last edited:
hope England dont stuff it up tonight against the USA !!!!!!

Yes, particularly as the PM is scheduled to call President Obama at 16h00 regarding BP. :oops:

I must also add that the atmosphere here in South Africa is electric. After years of pessimism about preparing for and hosting the World Cup, the whole thing has just clicked together like a Tamiya kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back