2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Henry has admitted to using his hands on purpose. Ireland has requested the game to be replayed and FIFA is going to investigate the matter.

I really hope they let them replay the game. In my opinion Ireland outplayed them and what Henry did was a real low blow.

In my opinion the referee should not be allowed to officiate a game again and Henry should be banned from playing in the 2010 World Cup if France were to win the replay (of course this is if FIFA even lets them replay the game).

I agree that instant replay should be used. I am just not sure how they will do so, because the clock does not stop running in Football. A game could carry on forever, if they started using it.

I agree that instant replay should be used. I am just not sure how they will do so, because the clock does not stop running in Football. A game could carry on forever, if they started using it.
It happens in hockey where a goal has been scored but not seen by the official play continues until next stoppage at which point they review the play. If there was a goal scored they count the goal and add the time to the clock. It's better to get the call correct then not

It happens in hockey where a goal has been scored but not seen by the official play continues until next stoppage at which point they review the play. If there was a goal scored they count the goal and add the time to the clock. It's better to get the call correct then not

I know that, but there is not stoppage in the clock in football. You start having stoppages and a 90 minute game will become a 300 minute game.

I do agree with you that they should have instant replay (think of all the games in history that might have been different if they had it), but I am not sure how they could do it.

The US gets to play England.

Group A
1. South Africa
2. Mexico
3. Uruguay
4. France

Group B
1. Argentina
2. Nigeria
3. South Korea
4. Greece

Group C
1. England
2. United States
3. Algeria
4. Slovenia

Group D
1. Germany
2. Australia
3. Serbia
4. Ghana

Group E
1. Netherlands
2. Denmark
3. Japan
4. Cameroon

Group F
1. Italy
2. Paraguay
3. New Zealand
4. Slovakia

Group G
1. Brazil
2. North Korea
3. Côte d'Ivoire
4. Portugal

Group H
1. Spain
2. Switzerland
3. Honduras
4. Chile

Germany had a great drawing. They are always lucky in the teams that they draw. I believe that Germany is a sure thing to reach the knockout round (at least I hope...;)).

To me the toughest group will be Group G with Brazli, Côte d'Ivoire and Portugal followed by Group A with France and Mexico. Or course do not underestimate Group C with England and the USA.

Here are my early predictions for the teams to make the knock out stages:

Group A
France
Mexico

Group B
Argentina
South Korea

Group C
England
USA

Group D
Germany
Ghana

Group E
Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Slovakia

Group G
Brazil
Portugal

Group H
Spain
Chile

I am going to go ahead and be bold here. With more than 6 months left to go before the tournament even starts, I will predict how the 2nd round will play out though the finals. :lol:

(For some reason I like doing this ;))

Round of 16
France 3-1 South Korea
Argentina 2-1 Mexico
England 2-1 Ghana
Germany 2-1 USA
Netherlands 3-0 Slovakia
Italy 5-4 Cameroon (Penalty Shootout)
Brazil 2-0 Chile
Spain 3-2 Portugal

Quarterfinals
England 6-5 France (Penalty Shootout)
Germany 3-2 Argentina
Netherlands 3-1 Brazil
Spain 5-4 Italy (Penalty Shootout)

Semi Finals
England 2-1 Netherlands
Germany 1-0 Spain

Final
Germany 5-4 England (Penalty Shootout)

Third Place Game
Netherlands 3-2 Spain

Yes, that is how I call it! :lol:

No I think that USA will move to the next round and I believe that they will play Germany. I think Germany will win, but traditionally the USA has always been a tough match for Germany. Germany has the edge on talent, skill and speed, but the USA is a much better team than they used to be. I remember the 2002 WC when Germany played the USA. USA actually should have won that game...

I will be honest. I do not think that that South Africa is ready to host it. I think that there will be a number of problems with security being the biggest of them.
Unfortunately
I can't help but agree. I think a robbery-related death is almost certain. With the much greater presence of female fans at major tournaments in recent years, the blood runs cold imagining what might happen to them.

I hope everyone uses alot of common sense and stays within the laid-down security measures.

Agreed. I hope it all turns out well and Africa has a great WC for there first on the continent, but I have my doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back