2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

South Africa were poor tonight. Chile looked good and Spain lacked ideas when plans A, B and C didn't break down what was a good well organised Swiss defence.

The Swiss coach is an amazing coach. Hitzfeld is well known here in Germany (besides the fact that he is German) because of his time as the coach of Bayern Munich. He is known as the General here. Any team that he coaches is going to be well organized and improve.

That's the trouble with some countries, it's part of their game.

It is certainly part of the Italians game! :lol:

There's actually a youtube video out there showing the Italian team practicing dives and that's where I think the problem is with soccer in the USA, someone see's a tackle and the guy is just about crying in tears and 3 mins later he's running full bore, instant slow motion replay is not helping in that matter.

Suarez's dive for the penalty was shocking but sadly its very much part of the game now, just listen to commentaters and ex players and you'll here them say "well there was contact so he was within his rights to go down" etc, etc !!!!
personally until people within the game start saying players are diving or play acting it will never go away and i admit England players are far from innocent !

Argentina just put on a soccer clinic at the expense of SKorea, thought it might of been closer, Argentina is looking good.......

Offensively that was a great game. Looking forward to seeing how they will play in the later rounds.

I will be watching the Germany-Serbia game in Prague tomorrow afternoon. I am heading to the Czech for a large concert on Saturday and will be heading out tomorrow morning. Can't wait for that game. It should be a good game, because Serbia needs to win or they are out. Germany should still win it pretty convincingly, but it will be more difficult.

And back to the topic of faking injuries and diving, here is a video from Italy first game of this World Cup against Paraguay. Typical Italian player...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiBtaAJbhig

Last edited:
Argentina just put on a soccer clinic at the expense of SKorea, thought it might of been closer, Argentina is looking good.......

lets hope that we can keep this level of playing in the finals

goal_main_12_682x4_1067297a.jpg

CB, I really, really want to go to Argentina!

Paraguay have some big guns too, look this one: Note the location of the cell phone here, amazing.

Attachments

• t9zcas.jpg
    t9zcas.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 79
Thank you Mexico! Good bye France! I am so glad to see France more than likely bow out early. Ireland should have been here in the World Cup instead.

Well I am about to go to bed and then I will be heading out to Prague tomorrow. I will get the stats up to date and post them here when I get back.

Ireland certainly should of been in the World Cup rather than France and would undoubtedly played with more heart than this French team has (and do better - I reckon they would of got out this group). How much is down to the coach and how much is the players I don't know but they were terrible in both their games. Really want to see South Africa beat them in the final group game and I think they stand a good chance because the French don't seem to care and the South Africa really do care.

They French play like a bunch of individuals out on the field. No heart or desire either. They are not a team, and the way they played they certainly do not deserve to be here.

Yep, will not be sad to see them leave this World Cup early. Really hoping for a solid South African victory against them and for Uruguay to beat Mexico. However I can seen that game being really boring as they play out for the draw they both need.

pretty chippy play by the Germans,Serbia out hustled them and got a deserved win. Germans for the most part left their legs back in the hotel.

Another pointer at the folly of picking the world champions after match 1 of the group stages...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back