2010 World Cup - South Africa

Who are the World Cup Favorites? Pick your Top 3.

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree it prevented the goal and handball but his arms were already out...he didn't throw them out at the last second.

I agree it prevented the goal and handball but his arms were already out...he didn't throw them out at the last second.
Hands is hands and thus the referee is allowed to pull red. Nothing wrong about that as it's according to regulation.
Why was the third goal by the US team not allowed in the US vs Slovenia game ???

From what I'm hearing, officialting at the games sucks !!

Charles

I agree, that third goal was a good one and should have been acknowledged. A pitty for the US player, who made a marvalous come-back during the game.

The USA was robbed. I was watching it with a group of us. None of us saw any offsides and Bradley was clearly being held. WTF?!?!
It was clearly a goal
but the US have given a good account of themselves this far
they showed heart against England and in coming back from two goals down against Slovenia, they showed character. I'll be very surprised if they don't progress with only Algeria left to play.

Funny bout the US game,Slovenia couldn't come with the foul either after they reviewed the game. Australia got lucky, Denmark came back nice and the French team sounds like a cheap soap opera. I'm willing to send them a dozen Kleenex tissues as a consolation prize.

Why was the third goal by the US team not allowed in the US vs Slovenia game ???

No one knows precisely. The referee isn't saying; FIFA isn't saying. Some sort of foul on the US but nobody can see anything on the replays except possibly a dust up between Bocanegra and a Slovenian defender.

Lots of conjecture that the ref called a phantom foul to make up for a bad call against the Slovenian team that gave the US the direct free kick in the first place.

Agreed Eric, enjoyed that game.

I've learned the rules of soccer so well, that when a US player gets mugged by 2 SLovenians that its the US players fault-Andy Roddick

Congrats to New Zealand and the French team is in total chaos now........

Last edited by a moderator:
GO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!

The USA have ruffled a few feathers as well.

Anyone else get the feeling that its going to be a tournament of upsets?

Make that 7-0! (In the time it took me to make that first post they scored AGAIN!)

That puts the Ivory Coast in a HUGE hole for moving on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back