2012 Art Contest: Master Class Progress thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
This thread is for everyone who is entering the art contest in the Master Class. Master Class is defined as someone who has more skill than your average Joe, maybe a Rembrandt or Rockwell.

Post some pics of your progress, what you are using and maybe a bit about your background in art.

One Request: Unlike the Group Builds which have a dedicated section, I don't want to clog up the Off Topic section with numerous threads. So post your stuff. Plus you get everyone admiring your work and it won't be lost among the threads.

Gentlemen, start your pencils!

Here is my concept preliminary sketch for my P-40 piece. I would like to portray either George Welch or Kenneth Taylor on December 7, 1941 as they each shot down two Vals. Sometimes their aircraft have been portrayed with the squadron numerical insignia and sometimes they haven't so I'm not certain whether or not to do that. Welch's aircraft usually has 160 when the insignia is portrayed, and Taylor's aircraft has 155. I would like to do this piece in pastel.

Attachments

• P-40B_pencil.jpg
    P-40B_pencil.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,075
I wanted to introduce a human element into my submission, ..I did start with a couple, but decided it was completely naff. Nice idea, I just didnt execute it very well!
So.. staying on track with the airbase ,and sticking to just one person came up with this.

Attachments

• cropped5.jpg
    cropped5.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 331
  • p4050percentp.jpg
    p4050percentp.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 354
I'd like to see how you got to that point in the pic. Love to see how you 'progress' using the CG stuff.

Understand that the judges will be looking at composition and progress as to how a pic came about. Its going to be a level playing field for all!

BTW - GREAT looking pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back