2016 Albert Open Model Show (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Tomorrow will see our annual model show hosted by Edmonton at the Alberta Aviation Museum. It's a 3 hour drive for me but worth it as it's a very enjoyable day out. I'll likely see Cory (Catch22) there and maybe some old forumites like Mike (migrant) and Simon (Slam). This thread can be used by anyone who wants to post up some pics. I'll be taking a few, but only of my favourites rather than posting every single entry as I used to do.

This year, I'll be taking 5 of my models, all of which you have seen on these pages. Since the theme of the show is "The Cold War", an obvious choice is my CF-104 Starfighter, which I'll take along with my non-themed entries, the Ju87R-2 in winter camo, my Me262B night fighter "Red 8", my recently completed Ju88G-6, and my most recent, the Hawker Tempest Mk V.

I'll try to check back in here Sunday with a follow-up.

Thanks Wayne. Well, looks like I had lots of luck as I all my models, except for my Tempest (not surprisingly), received an award. In fact, I'm pretty pleased, and a bit embarrassed to say that my Ju88G-6 was quite popular indeed, winning in its division (1/48 multi-engined prop), and also winning the local Rocky Mountain Model Club Choice award, the Best Axis Aircraft award sponsored by IPMS Vancouver, and the Best Prop Aircraft sponsored by IPMS Edmonton.

160528 Alberta Open Ju88.jpg

Thanks all. Rather chuffed at the result.

Below are the results in the 1/48 detailed single engined jet category. My CF-104 got silver.

I apologize for the pic quality. Very low lighting made for poor conditions to get full depth of field.
IMG_6764.JPG

160528 Alberta Open CF104.jpg
IMG_6763.JPG

Thanks old chap!

The Tempest had a few faults not readily visible in photos and there are usually many entries in this category. I almost didn't bring it along but ended up doing so because I had room in the transport box. The no-show for my Tempest was more than offset by my 1st place Ju87 though:

160528 Alberta Open Ju87.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back