30 Caliber Browning replica in 3 days (I hope)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The 30 caliber was not my first wooden replica gun. I made a quite few back when I was in college, home on break and wile digging around the attic tonight I found this one. I scaled up a picture of one I found in an old copy of Gun Digest my dad had lying around and made it mostly out of bits of scrap wood in my dads work shop on his old table saw and jig saw. If I remember right the slide is from a hunk of 2x4 and the grip is made up of pieces of split plywood and mahogany with walnut grips. The trigger guard and front sight are copper(I know, the trigger guard is too wide, but the picture I had was one dimensional :lol: ), the trigger, hammer and rear sight pieces of steel cut from 1/4" plate with a lot if filing, and the barrel a piece of electrical conduit on the outside with the shell casing of a 44 mag on the inside and lead solder melted to fill the space inbetween. I used a whole lot of plastic wood too, then painted it with some model paint. It's a little beat up now after over 30 years but will still scare some one from 10 feet away.

I'll have to look for the other ones now. Around the same time I made a Colt Python, a Walther PPK and a Beretta 380

P9230401.JPG
P9230402.JPG
P9230403.JPG
P9230405.JPG

Last edited:
That is one heck of a great job, sure it looks real, but to me it looks more like art...that is a treasure!

Hope you dig up the others, would like to see their pics posted :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back