30 Years Ago Today....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
The King is gone!

elvis.jpg

The day he died I was building a line-control (couldn't afford RC) PT-22 in the carport workspace at the apartments my parents and I lived in LA. It was raining, rare for LA. I thought it was a joke when I heard the news on the radio.

The day he died I was building a line-control (couldn't afford RC) PT-22 in the carport workspace at the apartments my parents and I lived in LA. It was raining, rare for LA. I thought it was a joke when I heard the news on the radio.

PT-22 trainer? hehehehehe. I remember those!

I was on Holiday in Spain with a group of friends. I remember it because the girl I was knobbing at the time got really depressed at the news, so I dumped her and got stuck into a fat old lump from Scotland.

I was on Holiday in Spain with a group of friends. I remember it because the girl I was knobbing at the time got really depressed at the news, so I dumped her and got stuck into a fat old lump from Scotland.
Hopefully she wasn't as fat as Elvis when he died! :evil4:

OH GOOD GOD!!

She was big lump Joe but it was ok I just gave her a slap and surfed in on the ripples.

At least you didn't have to roll her in flour and aim for the wetspot. God bless her!

OH GOOD GOD!!

She was big lump Joe but it was ok I just gave her a slap and surfed in on the ripples.

At least you didn't have to roll her in flour and aim for the wetspot. God bless her!

Well I was only in my early 20's and it was a dreaded 18-30's holiday. At least I never did the tooth brush picture trick which was rife in those days.

have to say Elvis was never one of my favs

Well I was only in my early 20's and it was a dreaded 18-30's holiday. At least I never did the tooth brush picture trick which was rife in those days.

have to say Elvis was never one of my favs

OK..I am flinching when I ask this, but, I'll bite. What is the tooth brush picture trick..?

Could be wrong... but take a photograph of dipping someones toothbrush in a toilet bowl...and posting the photo to the unsuspecting individual (who would still be using the toothbrush) at a later date...(?)

It happened a few days before the "king" died.... but I remember this event quite well!

Attachments

• shuttle_carrier.jpg
    shuttle_carrier.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back