30 Years of Airframes' Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks M. Like to see your ICM Mustang, the 1/48th ex-Hasegawa one, in the ICM box?

It's a bag of sh1te Terry! It didn't go together very well, and the paintjob was worse, I sprayed it with Mr Muscle to get the paint oiff, cleaned it and put it back in the box, its been there ever since.

Oh! You mean it turned out a bag o', or the kit is? If it's the P51B/C, I'd heard it was basically the Tamiya kit (not Hasegawa as I wrote originally), done in co-operation, as ICM supply their figures to Tamiya. Don't know about the ICM P51D though, not seen or heard about it.

Terry, the ICM P-51B/C is a mix of the Tamiya kit and the Accurate Minatures one.

Ah! Thanks Wojtek. I'm probably going to get one, as, apart from having good reviews, obviously due to its origins, it comes with figures, useful for other dios, and is very cheap! Forget the figures, and the aircraft by itself works out at about £5 !! Very good value!

Well, it's actually £9, but the kit for the figures, sold separately as well as in the Mustang kit, sells for a little over £4, so it's worth buying the Mustang and getting the figures 'free'! The other ICM kits, such as the Bf109's are about £11 by themselves!

Nine pounds it is quite much but I have to check how much it is here in Poland.

It's a P-51D-15 Terry, the kit is lovely, I made a pigs ear of it! :oops: Was going to build it as depicted on the box.

bdb9_1.jpg

I've got the ICM mustang with the figures and its worth it just for the figures.

Mine has the decals for 'Ridge Runner'. Planning to do it soon.

I paid $25 aus which is pretty good considering a Tamiya P 51 averages between $40 and $50 over here.

Thanks guys. They do appear to be good value when they come with the figures as well; think I'll add a couple to my small stash. At £9 for the B version in the UK, including figures, it beats the c**p out of £15+ for the Tamiya kit.

Hooo Weee!! Terry the Spit and Stang look awesome there Bud.How long ago did you build those?Kevin

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated! The Spit MkI was built around 1991, and the Mustang was started in mid 2007, but only finished, with the final details, when the diorama base was made, about April 2008 I think.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back