30 Years of Airframes' Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Wildcat, and love your description of the greenhouse!!
However, you don't REALLY want to spend a week in Macclesfield, do you?
The best thing that comes out of Macc, is the A6 trunk road!

Well, the funny thing is I live about 10 minutes from Macclesfield. Macclesfield South Australia that is! Though not much there, it is located in the beautiful Adelaide hills and more importantly has a kick arse pub where the meals are to die for!! Infact probably my favourite place to go out for a feed with the family. So yeah, I'll happily take a trip out to Macclesfield!:lol: :D

Brilliant mate! I wonder if the people here know about it? I'm not 'from' here, just live in the town. Earlier this year, someone did an article in the local paper about a Macclesfield in the U.S., founded by a bloke from 'my' Macclesfield, and the mayor swapped plaques and all that sort of thing.
Any chance you can send me some stuff on 'your' Macclesfield when you get a chance? I'll stick it in the local paper, and see what happens - might even get an official recognition or something going. Cool!
Just so you know, Macclesfield, Cheshire, where I now live, used to be the centre of the silk industry, at the end of the 'Silk Road' from the mid east etc.
Most of the WW2 parachute canopies were made here.

Very nice builds there Terry esp. the 109 but I have...but one question.Why the the guy in the Panther in the lower hatch stick'n his head when they Camo'd the Tank :p Kevin ;)

Man I would have loved to see the Chieftan's interior. Sure looks like its cast metal for the turret, Airframes. And the Bf-109 is a demonstration to those intimidated with airbrush models. Hand brushing can make fanstastic results. And up close, in many instances looks more real than airbrushing. Bravo.

I agree with the guys, great models Terry!
I love the conversion work on the Spit especially (and no, I'm not being biased just because it has 485 (NZ) sqn. markings! :) )

Thanks very much indeed, Hugh, Kevin, Matt and Evan. I'm really pleased you like them, as I'm never much of a fan of my own work, models or paintings!!
Thanks for the comments re the '109 Matt, that one turned out particularly well at the time, as my 'fine' airbrush was fu..broken, and I had to find an alternative method. It needs a good clean, as it doesn't look too good in the pictures after the years have passed!
Kevin, the guy in the Panzer IV (not a Panther!) is the driver, looking over the rim of his hatch to see where he is heading for; the hatch cover has yet to be fitted in the open position, and the poses of the driver and Commander fit with the 'scene' intended for the mini-diorama the tank is intended for. You'll see so more of this nature when I post the shots of the 12 vehicles, 30 odd figures etc, that make up the diorama of the 21st Panzer Divn in Normandy. Unfortunately, I only have the diorama base as a 1:1 scale drawing at the moment - it's going to take a lot of time, and work, to build it, even though the originally intended dimensions of 3 feet by 5 feet have been considerably reduced!

You are going to get 12 1/32nd vehicles, 30 figures, flora and fauna in on something less than 3X5??? Must not be very good formation tactics. :lol:

Now where did I put my 1/32nd Typhoon with 5in rockets?

Thank you, 520..etc! Glad you like them - pity your username isn't shorter though! You'll have to post your name, it will be easier to write!
Matt, you keep your Typhoon away from my tanks, my 20mm Flak is U/S !
Well, the original plan for the 21st Panzer diorama was that it was going to be even larger, as a permanent display, in a glass display case, at the reception area of the (tank) business I was involved with back in '95. Things changed, and I intended to have the thing at home, probably about 3 x 5 feet. But yet again, I've had to change plans, as I aint got that much room and, even if I had, how the heck do I move such a large display about by myself, especially the way I am now!? But, it will work out, I hope, as I've re-designed the layout slightly, allowed for compression, and added a bit of artistic licence! The scene is centred around three PzKfw IV's, clustered under a small copse of trees, near an isolated barn or garage, being re-armed and re-fuelled, with a command 'O' group to one side, with a Kublewagen and field car, a recce patrol with Kublewagen and SdKfz 222 armoured car, a couple of trucks for the supplies, plus personnel, and a couple of motor bikes. There were more elements, but it would be too crowded with those, so they'll be a separate display. All the individual 'cameos' are built and catalogued, it just needs the base making. However, as there will be a number of trees, each one to be hand-made, and lots of other terrain features, it's going to take ages to build. Once I get started it shouldn't be too bad, but I'm still trying to decide where to put it, and I'm looking at changing things around in my small house!
I'll post pics of the 'collection' very soon, and you'll see what I mean!

Airframes, I was only yankin' your chain. I can absolutely imagine such a scene and am actually jealous that you can undertake such an effort.

Oh... and henceforth, like 520516MA, I too wish to now be referred to as, PhhhtbrrlllbingGaDingaDongal.

Cheers.

What do you paint Terry? I'm an artist myself.

...And stop yanking his chain, PhhhtbrrlllbingGaDingaDongal !!!!! :)

Hi Evan. Been doing aviation art since I was a kid (about the same time that Moses was a Corporal!). Mainly oils on canvas, with some pencil drawings, and, lately, profiles done on my P.C., just using the mouse in Corel. (A bit like Photoshop.)
There were a couple of my paintings on the forum somewhere a couple of months back, and the small (A4) print I'm putting up for a 'prize' in the Group Build is from one of my pictures.

That's great mate!

I've been drawing since I was a kid too (tough times then , the dinosaurs used to chase us home from school!) These days I paint mostly landscapes - usually watercolours or oils, but occasionally in Chinese ink or tempera.

My drawing has taken a bit of a back seat since I discovered colour in 2000, but I still do the odd one now and again (working on a MÁV 203 steam locomotive for a friend at the moment actually, aswell as an oil landscape to sell)

Would love to see some of your work!

Evan

Thanks Evan. That steam train picture sounds good, you'll have to post a shot of it when it's done. I'll get around to posting pics of some of my paintings sometime.

Brilliant mate! I wonder if the people here know about it? I'm not 'from' here, just live in the town. Earlier this year, someone did an article in the local paper about a Macclesfield in the U.S., founded by a bloke from 'my' Macclesfield, and the mayor swapped plaques and all that sort of thing.
Any chance you can send me some stuff on 'your' Macclesfield when you get a chance? I'll stick it in the local paper, and see what happens - might even get an official recognition or something going. Cool!
Just so you know, Macclesfield, Cheshire, where I now live, used to be the centre of the silk industry, at the end of the 'Silk Road' from the mid east etc.
Most of the WW2 parachute canopies were made here.

Sorry for the late reply Terry, rude bastard eh! :oops:
PM me any info you want mate and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm not familiar with the towns history and there really isn't much there, but I'll be glad to help out with any requests.
Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back