30 Years of Airframes' Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again all, your comments are much appreciated. I thought you might like the reference to that Focke!
I'll be doing more repairs and photography over the Christmas period, and will post some more shots, including the assembled mass of 1/35th scale armour and soft skinned vehicles that were to be, and someday will be, a diorama of 21st Panzer Divn in Normandy. I might even get the Group Build bird done, possibly even in 1/72nd scale. So, if you want a laugh over Christmas, just try to visualise me building a 1/72nd fighter!!!
There'll be parts flying all over the room!
Happy Christmas to you and yours, wherever in the World you'll be at Christmas.
Terry.

Loving these builds Terry :thumbright: That P-47 looks great, aging is weathering in my book! It's looks like its been in a few scraps! :)

As I know you're probably bored by now, after the initial Christmas holiday 'Blitz', I thought I'd post a few more pics for you to pass some time with. There're 23 of them!
First is the 1/48th scale Hasegawa Messerschmitt Bf109E, built around 1993, and finished as an E-4 of III/JG3 in late August, 1940. The model was brush - painted, as were the the 'White 4' and III Gruppe bar, whilst the light mottle was applied with the tip of a cotton bud. The decals are mainly from the kit, with the addition of the III Gruppe badge from an old 'Almarks' sheet I've had since the late 1960's! The model could do with a little more cleaning but, as the aerial cable, from stretched sprue, decided to part company with the aerial mast and the fin, just as I was getting ready to clean around the canopy etc, I decided to leave things for now!
Next is a 1/35th scale Chieftain Main Battle Tank, built from the old, 1970's- vintage Tamiya kit. This had the early, plain turret, so I built-up and profiled the later, 'Chobham'-armoured turret, using Milliput. The NBC kit on the rear of the turret was scratch-built, as were a few other items, including a complete turret interior, most of which can't be seen! Note that the aerials are bent, the result of a f***wit friend picking up the model with his hand over them! The model was built in 1995 for some advertising shots, on a model 'set', and photographed against a back-projected sunset picture, for a business I was involved with at the time. We used tanks and other military vehicles for 'Management Training Courses'!!
Finally, this is the Italeri Panzer IV H, in 1/35th scale, built for a small diorama around 1998. The model is as yet unfinished, with some parts to be fitted and painting to be done, once the base is ready. This is noticeable, particularly the tracks and the commander figure. The latter is from Dragon, whilst the driver is from an old Tamiya figure. The model was brush-painted, as were the turret numbers and divisional badge etc. The 'zimmerit' anti-magnetic mine coating was simulated by etching the plastic and, in places, a thin coating of Milliput.
Hopefully, this might keep you occupied/amused for a few minutes, and I'll post some more pics soon. There are quite a few more 'armour' models to show, with some 12 vehicles, and around 30 figures, built for one diorama alone, all in 1/35th scale. Whether I'll ever get around to building the base, heaven only knows!
There are also another 20 plus aircraft to go, and maybe some as yet unbuilt.
Thanks for the interest.
Terry.

Attachments

• Gallery models 098.jpg
    Gallery models 098.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Gallery models 099.jpg
    Gallery models 099.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Gallery models 101.jpg
    Gallery models 101.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Gallery models 102.jpg
    Gallery models 102.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Gallery models 103.jpg
    Gallery models 103.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Gallery models 105.jpg
    Gallery models 105.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Gallery models 107.jpg
    Gallery models 107.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Gallery models 058.jpg
    Gallery models 058.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Gallery models 071.jpg
    Gallery models 071.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Gallery models 059.jpg
    Gallery models 059.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Gallery models 061.jpg
    Gallery models 061.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Gallery models 062.jpg
    Gallery models 062.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Gallery models 065.jpg
    Gallery models 065.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Gallery models 070.jpg
    Gallery models 070.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Gallery models 073.jpg
    Gallery models 073.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Gallery models 072.jpg
    Gallery models 072.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Gallery models 075.jpg
    Gallery models 075.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Gallery models 079.jpg
    Gallery models 079.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Gallery models 083.jpg
    Gallery models 083.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Gallery models 086.jpg
    Gallery models 086.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Gallery models 084.jpg
    Gallery models 084.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Gallery models 090.jpg
    Gallery models 090.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 47
That's fr*cking awesome builds old fart...I'll never get the blotching as nice as on your 109E, even with my airbrush! Love the tanks too....top notch dear, top notch! :thumbleft:

Thanks awfully, old chap! And to the rest of you guys also.
Now, who can tell me the name of the actor who spoke that line ('Thanks awfully' etc.), and in which movie, and in what circumstances?
First prize is a week in Macclesfield, second prize is TWO weeks in Macclesfield!
BTW Jan, that 'blotching' as you so delicately put it, is normally called 'mottle', you pudding!

Nice one Wildcat, and love your description of the greenhouse!!
However, you don't REALLY want to spend a week in Macclesfield, do you?
The best thing that comes out of Macc, is the A6 trunk road!

What a holiday Terry :lol:!

Sounds like a dodgy night on the amber fluid, whatever went in is going straight out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back