#40...Heavy Hitters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Either would be welcome Kevin. Note however, that the old Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito needs a lot of correction work, mainly around the engine nacelles, and the canopy, the latter being too tall and not quite the correct shape.

Would a Beaufighter be allowed?

Burma bird so from what I have read would be on ground attack mostly?

If not I have some other ideas :)

Would a Beaufighter be allowed?

Burma bird so from what I have read would be on ground attack mostly?

If not I have some other ideas :)
According to Wikipedia:

The Bristol Type 156 Beaufighter, occasionally referred to as Beau, was a long-range heavy fighter developed from the modification of the Bristol Beaufort torpedo airplane, also built by the Bristol Airplane Company. The name Beaufighter is a contraction of Beaufort and fighter (combat or hunting in English).
Unlike the Beaufort, the Beaufighter had a long career and served in almost all the stages of the Second World War, first as a night fighter, later as a fighter-bomber, and occasionally replacing the Beaufort as a shortstop. Its only variant was built in Australia by the Department of Aircraft Production ("Department of Aircraft Production", DAP for its acronym in English) and was known as DAP Beaufighter.

Except the opinion of the experts, they will have the best opinion, initially I had as option a P-61 Black Widow, but explain me very well the reasons why I did not qualify for this GB # 40

It's good that you cheer up with a new bird for this group. :thumbup:

The others are all bombers :) just trying to think outside the box a bit not a problemo! (probably trying to be too clever for me own good!)

Other Options:
1/72
Dambuster Lancaster
Whitley
Stirling
Halibag
Do17

1/48
Mosquito B.IV
Boeing B-17F or G

Lancaster630, I had forgot that someone else had started a Beaufighter for the GB without any objections, so, to be fair, you can do that as well. Take a look here for instructions on how to start a GB thread. If you have any questions, just fire me a note.

I'm thinking that I've been wanting to do this for some time. I have an Ar 234 (Monogram Pro Modeler) and I have the Son of a B*&%ch II (SB2C-4 Monogram Pro Modeler) I'm not 100% sure at this time but I think the SB2C-4 in USS Bunker Hill's VB-84 on the Tokyo raids is gonna be the thing.

View attachment 507299 View attachment 507300
None of these planes were on the Tokyo raid. Where are you getting your information? Revelle makes a better model NOT PRO modeler. Monogram is good by REVELLE.

I've been hesitating about this, I'm a bit scared and intimidated about doing it, but I have every thing I need to do her. "Joltin' Josie The Pacific Pioneer", Monogram 1/48 B-29A, will be my subject for this build. If I can finish her in time, I'll look at the Helldiver. I've been working on getting everything for this for a while now and I might as well follow through with it.
The 1/48 scale isn't bad but where do you get your Models? I'm here in California and I buy mine at a Train store in the Bay area and all their models are the original from 1960's-1970's and all by REVELL and Monogram the USA, not Germany. The price is better too none over $30. I have a C-130 Italiana that cost $180 dollars in Germany and I bought it for $15 totally complete, so the prices are crazy now a days. I am a WW2 BUFF and know a lot about planes and ships since I've was in the Military for 30 years got out as a Chief Warrant Officer.

None of these planes were on the Tokyo raid. Where are you getting your information? Revelle makes a better model NOT PRO modeler. Monogram is good by REVELLE.
Not sure where you are getting this, but, the VB-84 was equipped with the SB2C-4E which were involved in the Tokyo raiders. The air wing on the Bunker Hill was a primary on the raids .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back