4x4....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is what I'd get! :oops::D

Attachments

• TP21.jpg
    TP21.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 137
Chris. I love the old F trucks. What you did with them is very similar to what I want to do with mine if i get one. I want a 1972-1979 F truck.

First choice - Land Rover 90 - easy to work on, generally reliable, go anywhere, pull anything, spares available anywhere, or can be made. Cosmetic looks don't matter, and all panels are bolt on. NOT the latest versions though. Even better, the older Land Rover Series III 88 inch, or second production '90'.
Second choice - Toyota Landcruiser, the one before the current model. Very reliable, but spares expensive when needed. For the trip mentioned, the wheelbase might be a problem, and the cosmetic appeal would be zero at the end of the journey - bashed and missing panels etc. Also, most other 4x4's, including the Landcruiser, are not fitted for recovery at all angles. The Jeep CJ range are good, but limited on payload for this trip - all 'car' type 4x4's not really suited, mainly due to body work and lack of recovery points or positions, and/or the ability to fit these.
I currently have a Jeep Cherokee, which is great in most circumstances, but wouldn't go or do what I have done with others, such as Range Rover, Landcruiser, UMM, Iltis, and, best of all, my old Land Rover 88 - still gong after 32 years!!

Now, WHO wouldn't like to play somewhat off the beaten track in something like these? 8)

Yes, I know.....they're 6x6! :lol:

Attachments

• Dennisarmy3.jpg
    Dennisarmy3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 132
  • dennisarmy4.jpg
    dennisarmy4.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 137
Nice trucks Jan, but too big, long and wide for your specified journey.
Chris, unfortunately no. I sold her about 8 years ago, much to my regret, as I found it difficult to handle with the arthritis getting worse. Plus, when I had my two girls at the same time, they couldn't get in, as the rear was fully caged. I'll post some pics soon, feeling a bit rough at the momemnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back