5 Favourite Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oooh Traitor - harsh :cry:

I've always been a fan of the Gladiator - i've got books on the subject - i've seen a good few of them - i know all about their history - but as a result you get a bit bored of them and want to move onto other planes (thats how you learn) but don't worry - along with my other favs the Gladiator will always be special to me and i will fiercely defend it against enemies of it! *cough* Kiwi! cough* 8)

besides...what happened to your picture of the P-108 and why have you got that flying corpse as a siggy image?? :puke:

1. Avro Anson
2. Messerschmitt me-410
3. yak-3
4. fairey Gannet
5. junkers ju-86

and whats with everyones love of the spitfire? more like SHITfire

Well, I'm totally obsessed with the DH98 Mosquito and Hornet, but I do love Spitfire Mk.XIV, Hawker Typhoon / Tempest [ An ancestor died flying Typhoons, but the Tempest was grunty and Kiwis made a name flying 'em... ] and in German aircraft....short-nose Fw190's, Ju88's and He219. [ SEE GermansareGeniuses, He219's are loved...!!.] - I guess that's more than 5, but roughly in that order.....

If anyone's read the book ' Faith, Hope Charity' [ by Kenneth Poolman], when Malta was invaded by the Italian Air Force, 3 Gladiators held them off until the reinforcements arrived - CR42's in force couldn't sort-out 3 l'il Gladiators..... Also, we Kiwis didn't need Boomerangs; - as stated , we had P40's and also Corsairs, and brought P51D's at War's end for our Territorial Forces...there wasn't any available till then.

I've told Kiwi lots of times that the Gladiator was better than the Cr.42 but he won't listen! :lol: :lol:

Hey C.C - shes back on the top :)

1) Gloster Gladiator
2) DH Mosquito
3) A6M 'Zero'
4) Grumman Wildcat
5) Vickers Wellington

yay :) heres my updated list:

1. Piaggio P.108
2. Hawker Hurricane
3. Messerschmitt BF-109
4. Fiat CR.42
5. Vickers Windsor

sorry the gladiator isnt there but im more of a fan of italian planes 8)

cheddar cheese said:
yay :) heres my updated list:

1. Piaggio P.108
2. Hawker Hurricane
3. Messerschmitt BF-109
4. Fiat CR.42
5. Vickers Windsor

sorry the gladiator isnt there but im more of a fan of italian planes 8)

Cr.42?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

1. Spitfire Mk. XIV
2. P-38 Lightning
3. C-47 Skytrain 'Dakota'
4. FW-190
5. Hurricane IV

kiwimac said:
Actually a British Test pilot who flew both the CR 42 and the Gladiator much preferred the CR 42. The problem with the CR 42 was its armament.
nothing else.

Kiwimac

thats just ONE pilot - and besides if he was just a test pilot that means he wouldn't have flown them in combat - ask him the same question after a dogfight...the Italians designed that plane as a pretty-looking work of art...not much more

The Gladiator might not have looked as pretty but i'd rather be sitting in one during a dogfight.... 8)

I meant if i had a choice between the Cr.42 and the Gladiator you cheeky bugger! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Polikarpov I-153 was a Russian Biplane and a pretty good one at that - Kiwi will tell you all about it...hes a bit of a fan 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back