5 Favourite Planes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's my top five list:

1) F-4U Corsair
2) P-38 Lightning
3) P-51 Mustang
4) F-4F Wildcat
5) P-47 Thunderbolt

I really have to read-up more on Corsairs, they seem very popular...I know our chaps flew them down here, and we've had one flying at '' Wings over Wanaka'' Airshow recently. - I read somewhere that they were very quick at Air Racing, post War, too. - Also, I'm chuffed Mossies are your 2nd choice, Lanc....

Yep, how did you guess? :) Seriously though, I think fighters of other countries are cool also. If this was a top 10 fighters list, I would include the Spitfire, Hurricane, Shiden, FW-190, and Typhoon, but all WWII fighters are cool in some way

never heard of the shiden but sierusly take out the fw190 and put back the typhoon

i could do a Sudden_strike here and shout at you, but i won't it was sort of like the P-47, but with better performane than any of the fighters in the pacific................

The Typhoon did a terrific job at a tough time in the War, it's firepower not unlike the Mosquito - With it's teething-troubles and being a real handful to fly, it has earned it's Place in History. - As for Japanese aircraft, the Allies later Pacific fighters creamed anything they had, and lack of numbers and quality forced them to use Kamikazi tactics - That was a contributing factor to the use of A-Bombs, as the Invasion of Japan's Homeland drew closer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back