5 Favourite Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's my top five list:

1) F-4U Corsair
2) P-38 Lightning
3) P-51 Mustang
4) F-4F Wildcat
5) P-47 Thunderbolt

I really have to read-up more on Corsairs, they seem very popular...I know our chaps flew them down here, and we've had one flying at '' Wings over Wanaka'' Airshow recently. - I read somewhere that they were very quick at Air Racing, post War, too. - Also, I'm chuffed Mossies are your 2nd choice, Lanc....

Yep, how did you guess? Seriously though, I think fighters of other countries are cool also. If this was a top 10 fighters list, I would include the Spitfire, Hurricane, Shiden, FW-190, and Typhoon, but all WWII fighters are cool in some way

never heard of the shiden but sierusly take out the fw190 and put back the typhoon

hey dont worry about the spelling i do it my self and sos about the shiden

i could do a Sudden_strike here and shout at you, but i won't it was sort of like the P-47, but with better performane than any of the fighters in the pacific................

The Typhoon did a terrific job at a tough time in the War, it's firepower not unlike the Mosquito - With it's teething-troubles and being a real handful to fly, it has earned it's Place in History. - As for Japanese aircraft, the Allies later Pacific fighters creamed anything they had, and lack of numbers and quality forced them to use Kamikazi tactics - That was a contributing factor to the use of A-Bombs, as the Invasion of Japan's Homeland drew closer...

Users who are viewing this thread