5 Favourite Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was trying to cut to that chase. I thought I did a good job of providing some basic info on the plane.

I'm sure someone else in the world knows it. So, why the hell does it say in this ancient book I've dug up does it say that the Fw-190D-9 was redesignated the Ta152, is the book crap and unreliable or did that actually happen. AND, was the Jg7 the first group to get the Bf-110?

plan_D said:
I'm sure someone else in the world knows it. So, why the hell does it say in this ancient book I've dug up does it say that the Fw-190D-9 was redesignated the Ta152, is the book crap and unreliable or did that actually happen. AND, was the Jg7 the first group to get the Bf-110?
I bet someone IN THE WORLD knows it, but NO ONE on this site. The Jg7 and Bf110 thing is beyond my knowledge and yes, the book is straight crap.

Attachments

• dora-9__170.jpg
    dora-9__170.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 54
  • dora-9_of_jv44.jpg
    dora-9_of_jv44.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 67
  • ta-152_104.jpg
    ta-152_104.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 73
  • ta-152_line_up.jpg
    ta-152_line_up.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 78
The D-9 wasn't that bad, but the Ta-152 had such a long nose and wings that it began to look comical. I also imagine it must have lost a lot of the dogfighting ability that made the 190 so deadly.

But the Ta-152 was strickly and interceptor. In a dogfight, the 190s best attribute was its insanely high rate of role and the added span of the 152 must have killed that.

That'd be the idea of them.
So, the Dora-9 was just a different engined 190. Jg7 was the first to get the Bf-110, I got it from a few other sources as well.

my 5 fav planes are
De havilland mosquito, Bristol beaufighter, Boeing b17, Hawker typhoon and P51 mustang

yup nothing wrong with any of those as far as i can see :D

looks like you've made a few posts bader, welcome :D i hope you sick around as it will be interesting to hear someone else comments on various subjects :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back