7.9 quake hits South Pacific, tsunami alert issued

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tsunami warning alert in Apia sounded again 25 minutes ago

News had a man there , said the place was emmpy except for police

Apparently some people only had 30 seconds warning from the first wave

Calamity after calamity. After Typhoon Ketsana a tsunami. Then after that forecasts show two storms brewing in the Pacific ready to hit parts of Visayas and Mindanao.

It's a good thing you're okay 109Roaming, hope other people in New Zealand and Samoa are okay too.

Hey, im from NZ..
Didnt hit us too bad, where im living i think there was a slight change in the water level..
Im pretty sure that the north half of the north island was the worst hit with some rocking of a few boats..

Other than that all the boarders will be pretty gutted..

Hey, im from NZ..
Didnt hit us too bad, where im living i think there was a slight change in the water level..
Im pretty sure that the north half of the north island was the worst hit with some rocking of a few boats..

Other than that all the boarders will be pretty gutted..

Yeah man my thoughts too , you in the south island too?

It's a good thing you're okay 109Roaming, hope other people in New Zealand and Samoa are okay too.

I'd say Samoa are the only ones still in danger , news said the death figure was in triple figures of course though it'l be a while before they know more accurate figures

thanks for your concern :oops:

Glad your safe Daniel though I fear for our friends on Samoa, had a lovely holiday there a few years back and the still talking about the cyclone of Jan 2004.

:salute: :salute:

Glad your safe Daniel though I fear for our friends on Samoa, had a lovely holiday there a few years back and the still talking about the cyclone of Jan 2004.

Yup , not looking to good over there

My sister has friends over there on holiday at the moment ( all okay apparently) Seems you can't go anytime of the year! Cyclone eh? sounds pretty daring

Reports just in that another Earthquake has happened in the region a few hours ago, and more Tsunami warnings are issued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back