A challenging nose art

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Found this in a flying past special magazine. Really thought it was cool as I hadent seen it before. Looks like a real challange for any one considering trying it. :D Edward Egan source.
 

Attachments

  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Nice one Paul. I've only ever seen a B&W pic of that nose art before. It sure would be a goo0d one to do. I think that B24 is 15th Air Force?
 
If it survived the war, I wonder what happened to the nose art? Be a shame if it was scrapped.
 
Thanks guys!!! This may be the next one I research and see what I can find. That way if some one wants to do it at least there will be some data on it.
 
Well I found another picture and also beleive that it was scrapped. Both aircraft flew in the same squadron the 64th Bomb squadron and are beleived to have been painted by the same artist. Source of bottom picture. The Original Dragon and His Tail
 

Attachments

  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 164
  • Demise.jpg
    Demise.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 145

Users who are viewing this thread

Back