A deviation from my rule: Tamiya A6M2 in 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wanna see more!
:D

Perfect timing!
May be I will adjust something, like a bit more gun smoke on wings, but what I can say today is: it's done!

Here some pictures:
DSCN1889.JPG
DSCN1888.JPG
DSCN1892.JPG
DSCN1895.JPG
DSCN1901.JPG
DSCN1902.JPG
DSCN1904.JPG

Then the underside.
Here I had a little issue: I only found one picture and not very clear, showing the extent of exhaust smoke, this one:
stains.jpg

that I tried to replicate as seen in these photos:
DSCN1897.JPG
DSCN1898.JPG
DSCN1899.JPG

I hope you will like my model but, in any case, your comments will be welcome as they will help me to improve further.
Cheers
Alberto

Very Nice Alberto, add a little more gun staining I think. probably a bit too much staining on the lower surface but nicely done just the same. The pic in question you show is a much later captured A6M5 which would have had much more staining than the earlier model Zeroes.

Back for another look....:D

Hi Wayne, many thanks for your comments.
In facts the exhaust stains are a bit too much ... and someone else also suggested me to add a few little oil streaks.
It seems a good idea, any suggestion from you or other people on how to do them?
Many thanks again.
Alberto

Beautiful work Alberto. For oil streaks, I use a very fine artist's brush with very little paint on it. Starting at the leak location, I'll whip the brush back lightly in the direction of the airflow. Start light and build up to the desired thickness til you get the desired look. Oil stains are different: I use a thin wash of a black/brown mix and apply it sparingly at the locations where I want the stain to be. I'll let the wash run into the surrounding paint a bit. Need to be carefull with both methods as it's easy to overdo it!

Many thanks Crimea River for your suggestion! Do you have any picture to show what have you done?
Many thanks in advance
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back