A few more future releases. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, and the kit as supplied makes into a very nice model.
The Tamiya 1/48th scale IL-2 is now available, seen at Model Hobbies for £49, normal retail price £55. Might be a reasonable kit, but seems a bit pricey to me ......

Technically not a new kit by far..but I was very happy to get a message from Airfix stating that their excellent Seafire FR.46/47 (based on the no less excellent Spitfire MK.22/24 kit) is back in stock. I've been dying to get my hands on one of these since building the Spit MK.24, but as opposed to the Spitty MK.22/24 it is pretty hard to come by these days, so re-release of this is more then welcome...at least to me.

Attachments

• A06103-3D.jpg
    A06103-3D.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 89
I have no interest in WW2 Russian aircraft, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't want to pay that sort of money for a box of plastic, in that scale, for a medium-sized aircraft. Still bugs me that Revell can turn out some really excellent, large, 1/32nd scale, highly detailed kits, at acceptable prices (including recent price rises supposedly due to oil prices), whilst other manufacturers ask the Earth for a 1/48th 'fighter size' kit, or, worse, re-issue a kit, with a change of decals, and double or treble the price!
Methinks someone is extracting the effluent!

Given the price of that kit...the Italeri reboxing of the Classic Airframes kit is still worth considering. The tamiya kit has ofcourse state of the art engineering and perhaps has a tad more subtle details and what not, but it's not like the Tamiya kit beats the CA kit by miles or replaces a really outdated kit or something.

I'm with Terry 100%, though I've been guilty of sustaining the demand and thereby justifying the higher prices by succumbing to the urge to buy a few of these offerings. If everyone stopped buying Tamiya and others of this ilk and switched over to Revell, there'd be a reason for them to change their pricing policy but unfortunately for some of us, the market sets the price.

Just spotted some more Future Releases coming from Revell, all in 1/32nd scale.
The He219A-7 we know about, due out in December.
In addition, there is also a new tool Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 due in December, and a Westland Lynx Mk88/HAS Mk2, due in October.
No definite prices yet, but given Revell's policy of issuing nice kits in this scale, at reasonable prices, I don't think we'll see the Hamidragripoff Inc silly prices associated with some manufacturers.

Home Plus a P-61, Beaufighter and a Mosquito!

Trumpeter,

Curtiss P-40M / P-40N Warhawk Kittyhawk,
Curtiss P-40N Kittyhawk,
Douglas TBD-1 Devastator,
North-American F-100F Super Sabre,
Grumman A-6A Intruder,
Grumman A-6E Intruder,
Douglas A-1D Skyraider,
Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk,
Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2/Tropical,
Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 (Late),
Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10,
Messerschmitt Bf 109K-4,
Junkers Ju 87A Stuka
Noticed that'll be two P-61's! Have to admit that I wouldn't mind a A and B-26, B-25 and maybe a P-61! :oops: :lol: But they're big enough in 1/48! :lol:

Wasn't 'Wings XL' the chap who posted on the forum, and explained he'd been let down, with the first B-25 kit being released by HK Models?
Would like to see the Mosquito, but would be good if Revell released a new tool kit, in the same quality and acceptable price range as their Ju88 and He111, possibly with alternative parts for bomber/fighter variants.
Rather interested in that B-25C/D, as a RAF Mitchell II - would have to win the lottery first though, in order to get a bigger house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back