A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure is Wayne, and a lot more from Special Hobby too, although no dates are known yet.
Here's a selection from the future releases for Trumpeter -

1/72nd Scale:
Focke Wulf FW 200 C-3 Condor
Focke Wulf FW 200 C-8 Condor
Focke Wulf FW 200 C-9 Condor

1/32nd Scale :
Douglas TBD-1 Devastator
Curtis P-40E
Curtis P-40N
Douglas A-1D Skyraider
Grumman A-6A Intruder
Grumman A-6E Intruder

1/24th Scale :
Focke Wulf FW190A-6/A-8
Junkers Ju87-D
North American P51B/C Mustang

And quite a few more, in various scales.

Me? For a change....

Seen here and there from $35 to $40....the 1/48 Trumpeter De Havilland FB.9 Vampire!

Hopefully, it shouldn't be too difficuly to make it into a Swedish version....

Variants
DH 100: three prototypes.
Vampire Mk I: single-seat fighter version for the RAF; 244 production aircraft being built.
Mk II: three prototypes, with Rolls-Royce Nene turbojet engine. One built and two conversions.
F.3: single-seat fighter for the RAF. Two prototypes were converted from the Mk 1; 202 production aircraft were built, 20 were exported to Norway
Mk IV: Nene-engined project, not built.
FB.5: single-seat fighter-bomber version. Powered by the Goblin 2 turbojet; 930 built for the RAF and 88 for export.
FB.6: single-seat fighter-bomber. Powered by a Goblin 3 turbojet; 178 built, 100 built in Switzerland for the Swiss Air Force.
Mk 8: Ghost-engined, one conversion from Mk 1.
FB.9: tropicalised fighter-bomber through addition of air conditioning to Mark 5. Powered by Goblin 3 turbojet; 326 built, mostly by de Havilland, but also by Fairey Aviation.
Mk 10 or DH 113 Vampire: Goblin-powered two-seater prototype; two built.
NF.10: two-seat night fighter version for the RAF; 95 built including 29 as the NF.54.
Sea Vampire Mk 10: prototype for deck trials. One conversion.
Mk 11 or DH 115 Vampire Trainer: private venture, two-seat jet trainer prototype.
T.11: two-seat training version for the RAF. Powered by a Goblin 35 turbojet engine; 731 were built by DH and Fairey Aviation.
Sea Vampire F 20: naval version of the FB.5; 18 built by English Electric.
Sea Vampire Mk 21: six aircraft converted from F.3s with strengthened belly and arrester hook for trials of undercarriage-less landings on flexible decks.
Sea Vampire T 22: two-seat training version for the Royal Navy; 73 built by De Havilland.
FB 25: FB.5 variants; 25 exported to New Zealand
F.30: single-seat fighter-bomber version for the RAAF. Powered by Rolls-Royce Nene turbojet; 80 built in Australia.
FB.31: Nene-engined, 29 built in Australia.
F 32: one Australian conversion with air conditioning.
T.33: two-seat training version. Powered by the Goblin turbojet; 36 were built in Australia.
T.34: two-seat training version for the Royal Australian Navy; five were built in Australia.
T.34A: Vampire T.34s fitted with ejection seats.
T.35: modified two-seat training version; 68 built in Australia.
T.35A: T.33 conversions to T.35 configuration.
FB.50: exported to Sweden as the J 28B; 310 built, 12 of which were eventually rebuilt to T.55 standard.
FB.51: export prototype (one conversion) to France.
FB.52: export version of Mk 6, 101 bouilt; 36 exported to Norway and in use from 1949 to 1957
FB.52A: single-seat fighter-bomber for the Italian Air Force; 80 built in Italy. .
FB.53: single-seat fighter-bomber for the Armee de l'Air; 250 built in France, as the Sud-Est SE 535 Mistral.
NF.54: export version of Vampire NF.10 for the Italian Air Force; 29 being built.
T.55: export version of the DH 115 trainer; 216 built and six converted from the T.11.

Last edited:
Yep, I did go onto eBay right After I posted. As usual the LHS was about 30 percent higher. But it does look like an outstanding kit. But, I would have to move to a bigger rental if I had one.

It's a 40 year old kit Bill, which, when released in 1972, was just over £2. It's reasonable, but far from good, as the 'removable' panels are a poor fit, especially the engine cowls, and there's a lack of detail in the wheel bays, and minimal cockpit detail (for a kit of this scale and size). It took me about 35 years to figure out the main visual problem with the kit, apart from the nose profile - the main gear legs are moulded with the oleos at full extension!
At the current price, I personally think the kit is over-priced - especially given the age of the moulds, and the fact that the same basic kit under the (now defunct) Heller label is quite a bit cheaper. But, with work, it can be a reasonable model, although there are better alternatives around now.

Some more news regarding some of the Future releases posted earlier.
Special Hobby.
Their 1/48th scale Fairey Firefly MkIV/MkV is now due in December, at £29.99 in the UK (incl tax). (This to be followed by a Mk1 'Home Fleet'.)
Due in November, the Heinkel He-115 floatplane is priced at £53.80 in the UK.
Another Spitfire MkXII is also due from this company, at a UK price of £20.70.
The 1/32nd scale Bell P-39N/P-39Q 'Soviet Guards Regiments' is to be priced at £41.10, and announced as 'Due soon'.

Revell.
The eagerly-awaited 1/32nd scale (new tool) Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 is due in December, at a very reasonable £19.99. (less than half the cost of a certain 1/48th scale kit!)
Revell have also announced a P-39D in this scale, at £29.99 - no info yet whether it's new tool, or the expected release date.
The 1/72nd scale 'Flower Class' corvette (ex- Matchbox) is to be re-released in November, price TBA, and I understand now has PE and turned brass additions.
There are a lot of new 1/72nd scale kits, and 1/48th being announced recently, and I'll try to up-date on a selection when possible.

Beauty! And another great example showing that excellent kits can be produced at acceptable and realistic retail prices - other manufacturers please note!!

Hasegawa to do a Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden-Kai in 1/32 scale in 2013. their 1/48 version was excellent so this one should be as good or better!

Attachments

• Shiden-kai 1-32 Hasegawa.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 103
Some may have already heard about it (or seen a testshot @ Telfort) but I'm pretty curious as to how the new Airfix 1/48 Spitfire PR.XIX will turn out. In itself ofcourse an interesting subject, but might also hold interesting possibilities for customizing and or even some old fashioned kit bashing (how about mating it with the 'E' wing of the MK.22/24... and some extra scribing and a few other minor changes just about turns it into an F.MK.21?) Dunno about all the different features of the difference variants, but perhaps it could also serve as basis for other Griffon engined variants

Attachments

• PR19.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Hadn't heard about this one! Brilliant, hopefully it'll be followed by the basically (outwardly similar) MkXIV, which will answer my prayers! If not, then I can see me getting a couple, to convert to MkXIV and Mk 21. (already got a PR19 converted from the old Hobbycraft kit).
Noticed that technically, Airfix have the title wrong - from the PR19 onward, Arabic numerals replaced the Roman numerals of the previous Mark numbers,- but so what, at last there's what'll hopefully be a range of decent late-Mark Spits in this scale!

I take it this is only preliminary artwork Terry (as it isn't scheduled for release until 2013..the text can be subject to change)...but then again..if that would end up being the only thing lacking...I'll take it ....for the exact same reason as pointed out by you. I hear ya when it comes to the MK.XIV. The Mk.XIV would be pretty damn awesome as well indeed. Left and right a few (mainstream) companies have tried, but in the end it was always a case of 'close, but no cigar' when it comes to the Mk. XIV. Airfix and accurate Spitfires go together well for the most part, so I see a real winner in the works for them if they managed to pull it off (an accurate Mk.XIV for a decent prince) I have good hopes though. Airfix have been releasing a bunch of intesting and good Griffon engined Spitty's and Seafires as of late, either newly tooled up from scratch or re-releases of excellent kits that were becoming hard to get by now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread