A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got the Relish Models newsletter about this today. The UK retail price is £69.99, with a £5 discount on pre-orders at Relish, a UK outlet, for release in June.
A bit pricey perhaps, but hey! - it's a Tempest at last.
Now, I wonder when Revell with release one ......

According to Britmodeller, AZModel are going to release an updated 1/48 Vultee Vengeance in September to correct the hideous fuselage in the current kit. Looks like the price is set to drop, too - the post on BM was saying 39 Euros for the new kit. I'll take 2 or 3 of them if they follow through on the promise!

Wildcat will probably like this news! :)

Think I might be getting one of those, even though it'll be around £30 - Italeri used to be very reasonably priced, but they've been hiking up the prices this last couple of years. I noticed they've also announced a Short Stirling Mk1 - nearly had a heart attack, as I mis-read the scale as 1/48th !! It's 1/72nd, before other people start croking!

I agree too. OK, Spitfires and '109s always sell, but let's have a MkXIV, in high back and low back, and please, manufacturers, look at your best sellers in 1/72nd scale, and make the darned things in 1/48th scale, at mainstream, reasonable prices, as opposed to high-cost, short-run kits !
Halifax, Stirling, Hudson, Whitley, Hampden, Typhoon, Tempest, later Meteor, Hunter (including T7), Gnat, Provost, Jet Provost, and many more, have all been long-term, main sellers in 72nd, so get 'em done in 48th !!
And if Revofix etc don't believe me, just look at how the bidding goes to dizzy heights for OOP short-run kits of the above, both injection moulded and vac-form, on that well-known internet auction site!

Some here, might find this one interesting....

Jaguar GR.1/GR.3 - 1:48 Kitty Hawk - Aircraft Reviews - Britmodeller.com

boxtop.jpg

Yep, I might add one to the Heller and ESCI Jags - I could have all three main colour schemes then - not including the black ones, or 'Spotty', as seen at Cosford.

Attachments

• Air show Cosford 2013 115.jpg
    Air show Cosford 2013 115.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 99
I here Valom is producing 2 versions of the Vickers Wellesly in 1/72. Sadly it is the same two you can make with the Matchbox kit. Hopefully they will make a boxing of the un-official Mark II with the elongated canopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back