A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VB Due July 2014 new tooling at £16.99....

AX05125_zpsyxkum2ls.jpg

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb Messerschmitt Bf109E Dogfight Double due July 2014, at £24.99....

AX50160_zpsizpfuagm.jpg

Definitely gonna try those!

guys, for some time Ive been looking out for a kits, of any description of the CAC CA4 or CA11 Woomera, but no luck. i put the question to our Southern sky models once,and they said they were not aware of anyone at the moment, but a New Zealand mob some years ago put out a really bad limited run resin kit....any truth to that and if so, does anyone know of any that are for sale.

Just askin....
Here ya go mate
https://www.redroomodels.com/models.php?model=551
and the kiwi one (no idea if still available CAC CA-15 Kangaroo Review by Brett Green (Kiwi Resin Models 1/48)

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VB Due July 2014 new tooling at £16.99....

AX05125_zpsyxkum2ls.jpg

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb Messerschmitt Bf109E Dogfight Double due July 2014, at £24.99....

AX50160_zpsizpfuagm.jpg

Definitely gonna try those!

Shaweet!!!

I have never owned an Airfix kit but July/August might well be the time to jump in and pick one of these up, especially since they are new tooled kits.

Definitely gonna try these....
Really like them there newly tooled Airfix kits, imagine them doing a newly tooled 1/48 Buccaneer, not to mention a fresh, modern, up to date 1/48 Hampden, Halifax, Lancaster and Stirling...be still my heart!

:lol:

Although it's nice to see a new tool Spit V, seeing as the original kit is around 35 years old, a new MkXIV would have been much preferred - especially as the basis is there, in their PR19 kit.

Andy that MKII from Revell built up pretty Nice ;) that's using the three foot rule even up close is pretty good.

Rather worrying though, that they've reverted to the 'Dogfight Doubles' thing again, aimed squarely at the 'youngster' or 'passing' market, where the buyer's perception is a authentic combination, two kits in one box, good value deal. Bad enough if the 'Doubles' were matched, but a Spit V and '109E don't really match, do they?
Please, Airfix (or Hornby), don't spoil things by pampering the wrong market area - model kits interest is very weak in the 'youngster' market, and will take more than this sort of package to make a difference. Instead, concentrate the effort where the money really is - people of 'a certain age', who really appreciate a new kit, and will buy more than one, and continue to do so. Please wake up and understand that scale model kits are no longer the 'toy' market they used to be 50 years ago !!
And, Mr. Hornby, if you don't believe me, then just look at the burgeoning market in accessories, tools, paints and other consumables - probably a turnover far in excess of the initial kit market!!

Looks pretty good, although yet another '109G.
Think I'll have lunch before a snifter old chap - not had any sleep yet. Bl**dy awful night of pain and discomfort, and using matchsticks to prop my eyes open at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back