A few more future releases. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Does it come with a scale model figure of Linda Carter?
Agree about the Typhoon Karl. I have the two kits mentioned, and the Hasegawa kit, although fairly good, is way overpriced. Fortunately I got mine some time ago, and at a 'sale' price, but even then, it was expensive. The Revell/Monogram kit is still reasonable, more so for the price, but an up-date would improve it, and any new, reasonably priced Typhoon kits are always welcome.

I've just established that the Tamiya 1/48th scale 2.5 ton airfield truck mentioned above, is the 6x6 airfield fuel truck. Good news for diorama builders!

A new 1/32nd scale Mossie, or the old B.IV re-issued?
I noticed the Beaufighter is being re-released, and a Mossie also shown, neither of which were shown as 'New Tools'. Pity they aren't releasing a FB.VI in 1/32nd, although HK have one listed for future release, but that'll cost as much as feeding a Hippocroccofrog for two days!
The Typhoon was either Hobby Boss or Special Hobby Karl - I'll check it and include details when i post the new listings.

EDIT: Just checked - the Typhoon is indeed Italeri, so we'll probably be looking at around £26 to £30, just going off their recent Hurricanes.
The Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito is the B.IV, and no mention of 'New Tool' for that or the Beaufighter, both of which, at £29.99, are more than the re-released Hunter FGA9, which is cheaper now, at £26.99, than when first released nearly ten years ago, at £30 !!
Unless of course, at that price, the Mossie and Beau are new tooled kits, and not the old 1970's mouldings ?

Last edited:
A new 1/32nd scale Mossie, or the old B.IV re-issued?
I noticed the Beaufighter is being re-released, and a Mossie also shown, neither of which were shown as 'New Tools'. Pity they aren't releasing a FB.VI in 1/32nd, although HK have one listed for future release, but that'll cost as much as feeding a Hippocroccofrog for two days!
The Typhoon was either Hobby Boss or Special Hobby Karl - I'll check it and include details when i post the new listings.

EDIT: Just checked - the Typhoon is indeed Italeri, so we'll probably be looking at around £26 to £30, just going off their recent Hurricanes.
The Revell 1/32nd scale Mosquito is the B.IV, and no mention of 'New Tool' for that or the Beaufighter, both of which, at £29.99, are more than the re-released Hunter FGA9, which is cheaper now, at £26.99, than when first released nearly ten years ago, at £30 !!
Unless of course, at that price, the Mossie and Beau are new tooled kits, and not the old 1970's mouldings ?

yep you are right Terry, i mistook the "new" listing as an indication of a new kit not just a new item on the list !

No problem. I'm quite surprised at the price increase, unusual for Revell, especially on old kits. Last release of the Beaufighter was when I got mine, five years ago, when it was around £15. Unless, of course, the price is a misprint, and maybe should read £19.99 ?

Yep, that's where I got the info from. Seems like rather high prices for 1970's kits, especially as the much newer, and more detailed Hunter is priced lower!

Is this a re-issue, a re-pop of someone else's 1/32 F4U-1A Corsair, or?
They're under £20 at Relish Models....

RV4781_zpsas3mvesb.jpg

Far as I know, it's the original, 1970's kit. Haven't seen or heard of any 'new tool' Corsair, and Revell are re-releasing a lot of their original 1/32nd scale kits again - see comments re Beaufighter and Mossie, above.

Good find George. I saw this listed, and for some reason thought it must be re-release of an old kit, as I'm fairly sure they (possibly under the Monogram label), had a Stearman back in the early 1960's - but it might have been 1/72nd scale I'm thinking of.
Sounds and looks like a nice kit, and I could be tempted ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back