A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes indeed. I forgot to mention - I also saw a Whitley mentioned, in 1/72nd scale, and some other stuff. Have a look at the Airfix web-site, and the bit about 2015, and they're all listed. Those building in 1/72nd scale are going to be extremely happy, and the 1/48th scale accessories, and new aircraft kits, I hope, are the start of many more to come.

I thought the 1/72nd scale fans here would like the new Airfix kits !
I did actually mention that particular kit, in passing !
Even though I don't normally build in 1/72nd scale, as I prefer to keep mainly to one scale for all, I'm rather tempted by that Shackleton. And it would be nice if some of the 1/72nd scale releases were also produced in 1/48th scale at some stage, especially the Blenheim, Defiant and Do17, and, dare I say it, the Shackleton too.
This appears to be the biggest list of releases for a single year for a very long time, and it would seem that Airfix are really getting things going - which raises the question again, will we see the likes of a Lancaster, Halifax and Hampden, for example, in 1/48th scale at some point ?
With the quality of their recent kits, I'm sure Airfix would make a decent job of these, and at more realistic prices than some companies we know .....

I would love to see the re-release of the Javelin so I can get one for under 100$CAN and do one of those splashy test schemes.

Geo

AFX12007 1:48 Airfix Gloster Javelin FAW.9/9R

Even with shipping you'll be fine, I buy from them regularly.

EDIT: Or if you'd prefer, there's apparently one in stock in a LHS and I can grab it for you, but it's at the $80.00 mark, so you'll probably still be cheaper to get the one from Spruebrothers.

Last edited:
AFX12007 1:48 Airfix Gloster Javelin FAW.9/9R

Even with shipping you'll be fine, I buy from them regularly.

EDIT: Or if you'd prefer, there's apparently one in stock in a LHS and I can grab it for you, but it's at the $80.00 mark, so you'll probably still be cheaper to get the one from Spruebrothers.

114.12$CAN at Spruebrothers. Perhaps once my stash gets below the century mark I'll think about this. Thanks for the link Cory.

Geo

The Javelin is a really nice kit - very nice in fact!
I wasn't that bothered about getting one, but thought I ought to, in order to make my collection of post-war RAF aircraft, in 1/48th scale, as complete as possible.
When I saw one at something like £10 or more under normal list price, thanks to Karl, I jumped at it, and I'm glad I did. It's big, and chunky, and very well produced. OK, there will be someone, somewhere, who will moan about something with this kit, maybe the cockpit detail, or some other trivial thing. But, like their Lightnings and Canberras, for example, the basis of these kits is fine, and such things as extra cockpit detail are easily added, and for the lazy, or less skilled, the choices of resin and PE 'add ons' is not exactly limited.
Airfix seem to have covered most of the post-war, front-line RAF jets now, with a few exceptions, already available elsewhere, but it would be nice if they released a Meteor F.8, a Hunter, maybe up-scale the 1/72nd scale Swift they have in the pipeline, and, of course, a Phantom FG1/FGR2, so that we don't have to pay stupid prices for the thirty-year old Hasegawa kit, or the Revell re-boxing, when they can be found, nice though they are.
Looking at the trend of Airfix releases, in both major scales, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the types not covered by other companies, or those lesser known types, could well appear some day - which would really **** up my 'No more kits' rule !!

Evan, I meant to send you an e-mail, but got tied-up in the Christmas rush. Have a look at the 'Sale' section at King Kit - there's a lot of stuff at fairly low prices which might be of interest to you, mainly in 1/72nd scale. They're a dealer manly in second-hand kits, all checked and complete, and I've used them for around 30 years without problems - in fact I've just got a couple of great books at very reasonable prices from them; or I would have done had I been in when the 'Postie' called today !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back