A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Likewise old chap! Clear off the production line of everything but the RAAF Catalina and the Nakajima Gekko Type 11....and bring the jump cables in to get things started!

It seems the Humbrol have re-introduced their 'Authenti Colour' range !
New products shown on the Model Hobbies web-site include some Humbrol enamel RLM colours, although they just have the normal Humbrol brand name and paint numbers, together with the RLM number and name, as opposed to any special product name.
I just hope that they have cured the quality problem (or should that read 'lack of quality' problem ?!!).
When Humbrol still were Humbrol, producing the paints at the Marfleet factory in Hull, UK, back in the late 1960's they were the first to introduce authentic camouflage colours, covering the major air forces of the world, and they were excellent paints. I still have a couple of tinlets, dating from the late 1970's, and they still work well.
As soon as I get a chnance to try some, I'll report back. If they have cured the problems, then these paints will be very welcome indeed !

Thank **** for that!
It's the best news I've had since the last best news I had !!!
Reading the rather 'diplomatic' release from Hornby, it seems they've realised the problems, or have been made aware of them, and are doing something about it. Good on them! (maybe my bitching had an effect after all!).
With their current policies, and new (and vastly improved) product lines, it looks like Hornby will get the Airfix and Humbrol brands back where they belong. Good to see and, given things improve overall, well done Hornby.
I'll keep my eye on things, and write a letter of congratulations when/if appropriate!

Should they extend the range to acrylics, I'm willing to give them a shot....
Haven't used Humbrol since the late 70's and early 80's! :oops: :lol:

Well done Hornby!

Airfix Javelin is out tomorrow i believe !!!!

6570465_orig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back