A Focke Wulf Fw 190 F-8 in Italy - June 1944 -- Revell, 1:32 scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next step: marking.
Looking at period pictures it seems evident that the Mediterranean camouflage was applied over a standard livery so partially or completely covering most of marking on side and upper surfaces. The only possible exception being the individual call number, 11 in my case.
Therefore, I made my masks to be used to paint crosses and the white fuselage band.

But before doing that I thought that I needed a support to keep my, so I made this support using Lego bricks.

DSCN1514.JPG
DSCN1515.JPG

that works like can be seen here:

DSCN1512.JPG
DSCN1513.JPG

The tail support is swivel while the wing support is adjustable.

The output is the following:

DSCN1520.JPG
DSCN1522.JPG
DSCN1523.JPG
DSCN1524.JPG

As soon as I can, I will over-spray still with RLM79 to imitate the pictures

Fw 190F-8 11 bianco.jpg
Fw190F SG4.jpg

That will be followed soon or later by patches of RLM80 and finally I will add the number 11.
I hope you like my work.
Alberto

Alberto, your bird looks nice so far!!
I don´t miss the next step! :arrow:

Saludos :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
a few steps forward and a couple of step backwards, unfortunately!

Do you remember these?

DSCN1523.JPG
DSCN1524.JPG

Fuselage crosses and white band painted, fine.

Next step was: go with dark green patches

DSCN1530.JPG
DSCN1533.JPG

Then it was the time to add the white "11" but, while I was positioning masks, I realized that the cross was too much forward, so I had to repaint RLM 79 a portion of fuselage, paint the cross again closer to the band and paint the 11.

DSCN1531.JPG

Today I will mask the 11 and overpaint some RLM 79 and dark green on the side and top of the crosses. I'm saying "dark green" instead of RLM 80, because I decided to use the Italian "verde oliva scuro" instead, assuming that possibly the Germans could have done that themselves.

A couple of little details.

I tried to represent the "shadow" of the white crosses on upper wings:

DSCN1530 dett.jpg

I added wiring on the landing gear

DSCN1528.JPG

I also painted the propeller

DSCN1535.JPG

I hope you will like the above.

Foot note: my cat wasn't too happy of sharing the sun on the table with my model!!!

A few more shots after the fuselage crosses have been partially overpainted with camouflage color.

DSCN1537.JPG
DSCN1539.JPG

For painting I've used one of the spare canopies supplied by Revell, the real one is this:
DSCN1541.JPG
DSCN1543.JPG

Very soon I will start the decals job. I will use this sheet from EagleCal, mostly for stencils on lower surfaces because otherwise I used my home-made masks.

Decals Eagle Cal 2.jpg

Hope you like my job but, of course any suggestion to improve is very welcome.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back