A Focke Wulf Fw 190 F-8 in Italy - June 1944 -- Revell, 1:32 scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody,
I left home all my w.i.p. models and here in my holiday place I started a new adventure.

The kit is the new Fw from Revell and my goal is to try to replicate this bird "weiis 11"

Fw 190F-8 11 bianco.jpg

better seen here:

Fw 190F-8 11 bianco res.jpg

I also provided the resin cockpit made by Eduard/Brassin that really look better then the one supplied with the kit:

DSCN1412.JPG

Resin part has been already painted RLM 66

So I have a question, does anybody have good colour pictures of pilot's office that show various handle and lever colours?

Many thanks in advance.
Alberto

I'm on the front row to enjoy your process Alberto.
Excellent references you have received and I imagine the wonderful information that will be handled here.
That cockpit resin is tremendous !!

Saludos :thumbup:
SANCER

That NASM restoration is very good. I have colour pictures of two other Fw190s taken before/during restoration and they tally very well with what you see in that link. This is not always the case with museum aircraft, though things have got a lot better in the last twenty years or so!
Cheers
Steve

Plan to watch this build since the 190 is one the most beautiful planes ever designed. Something about radial engines that I can't resist. Now to grab my Tamigawa in 1/48th.

Hi everybody, many thanks for all nice comments.

In the mean time I did some progresses, not much because my grandsons (three years and six months old) need some attention and it's a bit to hot (30 deg C) to work on models.

By the way, this is the BMW engine, just out-of-the-box because I still don't know how much will be visible just leaving a couple of engine covers in the open position.

DSCN1431.JPG
DSCN1430.JPG
DSCN1428.JPG
DSCN1427.JPG
DSCN1426.JPG

Then some parts of the cockpit, still to be finished ans weathered:

DSCN1438.JPG
DSCN1437.JPG
DSCN1434.JPG
DSCN1432.JPG
DSCN1422.JPG
DSCN1421.JPG
DSCN1420.JPG

Then fuselage halves and wings with a first coat of RLM02 and RLM66 where indicated.

DSCN1435.JPG
DSCN1415.JPG
DSCN1414.JPG

All paints are acrylics, mostly from Gunze.

I hope you like it.
Some more will follow asap.
Alberto

Damm!
Those macro photographs showed me something that wasn't visible with just a magnifying lens: almost all decals dials have wrong orientation!
I need a bigger and more powerful lens ...
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back