A New Beer For Me, Czechvar....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I happened across this beer in my local beer store, and had to try it.... I have to say, its damn fu*kin good.....

Anyone else tried this??? Roman??? Pisis???

The beer "Czechvar" is distinguished by its fine, delicious, slightly sweetish taste, with pleasant hop scent and bitterness. Its taste represents a perfect harmony from the specific flavor of Moravian malt, fine Saaz hops from northern Bohemia and the high-quality, crystal clear water. The water is drawn via 300meter deep artesian wells from a 10,000 year-old Ice Age lake, located under our brewery. Pristine pure this water helps give Czechvar its delicious taste. The unique properties of the basic materials are enhanced in B.B.N.P., which is nowadays one of the most dynamically growing Czech firms, by the long tradition from generations of brewers who have raised this beer to its current form. The result of all the above is the top-quality taste, balanced to an extent that invite you for another draft.

czechvarLager.jpg

Dan:

Did you write that review? If so, you should become a beer reviewer...

Or did you take it from elsewhere?

Right off the label, mate.

And Les, never heard of that one. But based upon the description, I would have bought it too.

Sooooo... how much?? :toothy5:

I happened across this beer in my local beer store, and had to try it.... I have to say, its damn fu*kin good.....

Anyone else tried this??? Roman??? Pisis???

The beer "Czechvar" is distinguished by its fine, delicious, slightly sweetish taste, with pleasant hop scent and bitterness. Its taste represents a perfect harmony from the specific flavor of Moravian malt, fine Saaz hops from northern Bohemia and the high-quality, crystal clear water. The water is drawn via 300meter deep artesian wells from a 10,000 year-old Ice Age lake, located under our brewery. Pristine pure this water helps give Czechvar its delicious taste. The unique properties of the basic materials are enhanced in B.B.N.P., which is nowadays one of the most dynamically growing Czech firms, by the long tradition from generations of brewers who have raised this beer to its current form. The result of all the above is the top-quality taste, balanced to an extent that invite you for another draft.

czechvarLager.jpg

Well Les,
so for a first time in your life you drunk a real Bud:)
I drunk it in N.Y. last year for a first time and never before. After I got back home found out that this is our Budweiser. Don´t know if you guys know it but Budweiser is the original Czech Beer and also a trade mark. The brewery is in Ceske Budejovice whose German name is Budweis...
Our country fights all over the world with that damn American Bud for the trade mark as it was really stolen. In some countries (perhabs China and some European countries) we won, in some countries as USA we lost. On my opinion there are very strong lawyers in USA. And that´s why we have to use Czechvar there instead of Budweiser in USA.
Anyway American Bud is a piss beer for me and has nothing to do with that original Czech Budweiser. So no wonder Les you like Czechvar. Am I right Adler?
And BTW, Budvar (in Czech) or Budweiser (international) is one of the official sponsors of Czech Ice Hockey Team. There´s a Ice Hockey Word Championship in Canada in May 2008, I´m curious under which name this beer will be presented there:)

Disputes concerning registered trademarks

The history of disputes regarding the registered trademark of Budweiser Budvar dates back to the beginning of the last century. For decades, the representatives of one of the large american breweries tried to purchase from Budweiser Budvar the rights to its trademarks, first of all only for the territory of the USA. They managed to do this before the start of World War II. with the aim of attaining registered trademarks for Budweiser Budvar in other countries and the representatives of American brewery still continue with their activities today.

Budweiser Budvar has to defend its historical rights to the registered trademarks against legal attacks from the Anheuser-Burch company in more than 40 legal disputes and a further more than 70 administrative proceedings currently before patent offices throughout the world. The majority of legal decisions confirm the rights of Budweiser Budvar to its registered trademarks. Recently, Budweiser Budvar achieved important victories in the legal trademark disputes, for example, in Great Britain, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Greece, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and New Zealand.

Source: Budweiser Budvar - ÚvodnÃ* stránka

Well Les,
Anyway American Bud is a piss beer for me and has nothing to do with that original Czech Budweiser.

that's definately true :D

BTW , the Staropramen which is brewed in Klin (small town in Russia 40 km north of Moscow) tastes somehow different as the original one in Praque

Interesting Roman, thx for the reply.... Its great having International pals, aint it guys????

I for one, could never even compare the 2 "Real" Budweisers.... Domestic Pisswater Beers are a bane upon society.... The whole "its cheap man, u can get wasted for cheap.." Redneck metality gets on my nerves... As I am a "worldly" man, and have traveled the globe, I can tell u that this beer is great.....

It cost me around $8.50 for a sixpack, or 153.44 Czech Koruna,
208.14 Russian Ruble, 5.76 Euro, 9.70 Aussie Dollars, 4.26 British Pounds.......

Well Les,
so for a first time in your life you drunk a real Bud:)
I drunk it in N.Y. last year for a first time and never before. After I got back home found out that this is our Budweiser. Don´t know if you guys know it but Budweiser is the original Czech Beer and also a trade mark. The brewery is in Ceske Budejovice whose German name is Budweis...
Our country fights all over the world with that damn American Bud for the trade mark as it was really stolen. In some countries (perhabs China and some European countries) we won, in some countries as USA we lost. On my opinion there are very strong lawyers in USA. And that´s why we have to use Czechvar there instead of Budweiser in USA.
Anyway American Bud is a piss beer for me and has nothing to do with that original Czech Budweiser. So no wonder Les you like Czechvar. Am I right Adler?
And BTW, Budvar (in Czech) or Budweiser (international) is one of the official sponsors of Czech Ice Hockey Team. There´s a Ice Hockey Word Championship in Canada in May 2008, I´m curious under which name this beer will be presented there:)

Disputes concerning registered trademarks

The history of disputes regarding the registered trademark of Budweiser Budvar dates back to the beginning of the last century. For decades, the representatives of one of the large american breweries tried to purchase from Budweiser Budvar the rights to its trademarks, first of all only for the territory of the USA. They managed to do this before the start of World War II. with the aim of attaining registered trademarks for Budweiser Budvar in other countries and the representatives of American brewery still continue with their activities today.

Budweiser Budvar has to defend its historical rights to the registered trademarks against legal attacks from the Anheuser-Burch company in more than 40 legal disputes and a further more than 70 administrative proceedings currently before patent offices throughout the world. The majority of legal decisions confirm the rights of Budweiser Budvar to its registered trademarks. Recently, Budweiser Budvar achieved important victories in the legal trademark disputes, for example, in Great Britain, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Greece, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and New Zealand.

Source: Budweiser Budvar - ÚvodnÃ* stránka

Aha so I have drinkin this. Here in Germany it is called Budvar. I allways argue with other Americans and tell them how this is the real Budweiser and how much it owns American Budweiser.

German and Czech Beers in my opinion are the best beers in the world, hands down and no arguement.

Dan when you get over here next summer I will have to take you on a beer tasting tour of Germany.

Right now however I am drinking a good German Hauf Pilsner from the brewery right down the street.

Oh and by the way fake American Budweiser sucks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back