A New Beer For Me, Czechvar....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Pisis and Dan,

yes, we´re approx 190 miles apart, so 3,5 hours to drive under normal conditions. In the nite time it goes faster.
I´m often in Prague for a bussines trips.
Anyway, the good thing is the good beer is here all over8)
Gotta meet for a beer. And I need to invite you to colonel Jan Wiener's lecture that I organize every 3 months. ;)

taubin.jpg

Czechvar is a good one as is Chimay Blue label, FlyboyJ you go to Tipsey's yet of C470 and Bowles? not only in the glass case but to the left of the coolers there's a door that goes into a side room with tons of beer and ales I never heard of, pretty good slection of brews there. Also got turned on by Polish beers, Tyskie and Zywiec are excellent also, on par with the Czechs.

Czechvar is a good one as is Chimay Blue label, FlyboyJ you go to Tipsey's yet of C470 and Bowles? not only in the glass case but to the left of the coolers there's a door that goes into a side room with tons of beer and ales I never heard of, pretty good slection of brews there. Also got turned on by Polish beers, Tyskie and Zywiec are excellent also, on par with the Czechs.

I go to Tipsy's all the time! Will try the Polish beers next!

I hope you guys are happy!!! Wen't to the local Liquor store that only carries imported and MicroBrew Beers tonight and picked up a six pack of Czechvar. I'll prelude this by saying that as of late (the last 2 or 3 years) I've been drinking mainly Dark Ales and other highly flavored Ales and have not had a decent Lager for a long time.
Well, I'm on my second bottle of Czechvar in less that 15 minutes so I think it passes the taste test. I was expecting it to be a little skunky as is my experience with imports bottled in the Green glass, but the guys at this store know thier beer and stored it out of the sunlight and in cool temps, owner maintains 60 degrees in the store at all times, and this was in the cooler anyway.
I like it!!!! I'll be on my third bottle shortly. Hope I make it to work tomorrow;)

I hope you guys are happy!!! Wen't to the local Liquor store that only carries imported and MicroBrew Beers tonight and picked up a six pack of Czechvar. I'll prelude this by saying that as of late (the last 2 or 3 years) I've been drinking mainly Dark Ales and other highly flavored Ales and have not had a decent Lager for a long time.
Well, I'm on my second bottle of Czechvar in less that 15 minutes so I think it passes the taste test. I was expecting it to be a little skunky as is my experience with imports bottled in the Green glass, but the guys at this store know thier beer and stored it out of the sunlight and in cool temps, owner maintains 60 degrees in the store at all times, and this was in the cooler anyway.
I like it!!!! I'll be on my third bottle shortly. Hope I make it to work tomorrow;)

Glad to hear you like it! Now you know how does the REAL Budweiser taste...
Was it in cans or bottles?
Are you alive?:lol:

Yes, I made it through the night;) It was in bottles. I drank four of them last night, pretty light on alchohol content so didn't feel the effect.
Only one bottle had a slight skunk smell to it, but I did as the owner of the store I bought them from told me. Poured it into a glass and let it sit for a little, seemed to take away the smell.
I did remind me very much of the Czech Pilsner I used to make when I was into Homebrewing, kind of a creamy mouthfeel, nice balance between the malt and Hops. In my mind half the fun of driking a good beer is sniffing the Hop aroma.
I can see drinking this while I Barbeque some Pork in the smoker this summer, even though I'm not supposed to be drinking alchohol, or eating BBQ'ed Pork for that matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back