A New Beer For Me, Czechvar.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aha so I have drinkin this. Here in Germany it is called Budvar. I allways argue with other Americans and tell them how this is the real Budweiser and how much it owns American Budweiser.
In Berlin you can find without any problems an original imported Budweiser (it's called Budweiser-Budvar) which has almost the same price as the german beers. Is it the same beer that you mean in your post?

In Berlin you can find without any problems an original imported Budweiser (it's called Budweiser-Budvar) which has almost the same price as the german beers. Is it the same beer that you mean in your post?

Yes I am talking about the good Czech Budvar. You do not need to go to Berlin to get it either. I can get it right here where I live.

I just rarely buy it. It is one of the best beers but I also think the beers from my local area here Bavaria are just as good.

LMFAO.... Ur damn right we're goin on a drinkin tour.... I do believe there is a difference between the Budvar u drink in Germany, and the Czechvar I am currently drinking.... Its only 5% Alchohol...

No its the same and the alcohol content is the same as well.

"Budějovický Budvar is a brewery in the Czech Republic that is best known for brewing a beer known as Czechvar in the United States and Canada[1], Budweiser Budvar in various countries (including the Czech Republic, United Kingdom, and Germany) and Budějovický Budvar in the rest of the world. The dual name is due to a trademark dispute with the Anheuser-Busch Company, makers of the American Budweiser brand.

Budweiser Budvar Czech Premium Lager / Czechvar (Red Label): The classic Budějovický Budvar lager. Contains 5% alcohol by volume.

Budweiser Budvar Pale Beer (Gold Label): Marketed as a more accessible beer than the red label. Contains 4% alcohol by volume.

Budweiser Budvar Premium Dark Lager (Black Label): This beer is brewed in the same style as the red label, but is brewed from three different kinds of barley malts. Contains 4.7% alcohol by volume.

Budweiser Budvar non-alcoholic beer (Green Label): A non-alcohol version. Contains a maximum of 0.5% alcohol by volume.

Bud Super Strong (Dark Red Label): This beer is marketed as the super-premium member of the Budvar family. Contains 7.6% alcohol by volume.

Budweiser Budvar Yeast Lager: Unlike the other Budvar beers, Yeast Lager is served in kegs, not bottles. 5% alcohol by volume.

Pardál: Budvar calls Pardál "the perfect beer for sharp and full bitter flavoured beer lovers." Contains 3.8% alcohol by volume."

Budějovický Budvar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

German and Czech Beers in my opinion are the best beers in the world, hands down and no arguement.
[/QUOTE]

I would say together with the belgians :)

Has anybody here taken the coors tour in colorado? I did, let me tell you it is amazing. The guide actually let me sample coors light before its "thinned". i try german and czech beers ouite a bit belgium beers also(stella atois my fave) but the real coors light was great! good thick taste, problem with the stuff is its 14% alcohol, but from what i remember:) it still had a great taste to it:D

there´s a good joke here in our country- if you wanna see the difference between the original Czech Budweiser (Budvar,Czechvar) and American Bud, do this:
1) buy 2 bottles of Czech Budweiser
2) drink out one bottle and wait untill you need to piss
3) piss into the epmty bottle
4) now, having one sample of Czech Budweiser and one sample of American Bud,taste and compare both bottles

8)

You just need to be careful when buying imported beer in Green or Clear bottles. Long trip overseas and exposure to light caused the beer in these bottles (to a lesser extent brown bottle as well) to get skunky. Ruins the whole experience to me. I've heard other "experts" say it does not affect the taste of the beers, but I dis-agree.
Bought 2 six packs of Pilsner Urquel and both were verys skunked and undrinkable.
Seems they not put this beer in cans, but I have yet to find any;(

I agree, Heineken export is sold in green bottles while here in the NL it is slod in brown ones. Here it is at least drinkable, in the green bottles it tastes like it came from the toilet :pukeright:

You just need to be careful when buying imported beer in Green or Clear bottles. Long trip overseas and exposure to light caused the beer in these bottles (to a lesser extent brown bottle as well) to get skunky. Ruins the whole experience to me. I've heard other "experts" say it does not affect the taste of the beers, but I dis-agree.
Bought 2 six packs of Pilsner Urquel and both were verys skunked and undrinkable.
Seems they not put this beer in cans, but I have yet to find any;(

Interesting. I prefer draught beer, that should be safe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back