A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Two finally came in the mail this weekend :)

Attachments

• 4 (2).JPG
    4 (2).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 71
As soon as I get the pre-ordered 190 book I'm going to looking into the Fortress Against the Sun.

It's not a bad book Aaron, I wish it had more pictures of the B-17's that flew in the pacific. It does have around 11 pages of serial numbers of B-17s that flew in the Pacific along with a ton of other material. its around 460 pages long LOL.

Thanks Paul, will keep that in mind, is it mission oriented?

I really haven't gotten into it yet Aaron as I am currently reading A History of the Mediterranean Air War 1940-1945 by Christopher Shores and Giovanni Massimello with Russell Guest. But from looking at the book it looks like its written almost like a diary of men and machines and from the beginning of the war with the B-17 in the Pacific but also has mission oriented data so a combo of both formats.

Couple of good buys there Paul!

Thanks Wayne, these came today.

Jan the B-25 is big. Over 470 pages on the aircraft. Heck of a lot of info on it. Bail out procedures, oil line and hydraulic line runs. Even gives spark plug types and battery types along with Squadrons that flew the B-25. Ton of info and a lot to go through. Both actually are thick books.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 63
Not in my library but I wish. A friend lent me this book which is out of print and goes for stupid money at Amazon. A cracker of a read if you can get a copy. It's the true story of a skittish 418 Squadron RCAF navigator teamed up with a hot shot pilot of an intruder Mosquito. The style is quite humorous and very conversational and holds your interest throughout. Only part way through so far and am enjoying every minute.

51XWTVVBFSL._SL500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back