A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wandered over to Half-Price Books today to see what they had. Made a couple of purchases. Found three, though, that really weighed on my mind, so I had to run back (with the wife's permission, of course! ) just before closing, and lo and behold, there they were, still misplaced on the shelf where I'd left them earlier today. Fate, right? So, for around $40, I picked up these:

Last edited:
(gratuitous beagle shot...just 'cuz)

Yeah...these last three are first-editions (checked the publication page). Unfortunately, they didn't have Vol 1 or 2, and I guess since it was getting close to closing time, the guy didn't really want to check his computer to see if they were available elsewhere. Oh, well....the hunt continues...

RA, I love Winston. I have Vol. 1. but none of the others. Great find.

The 190 book arrived today. Fantastic pics but the text is a bit lacking. Only two paragraphs for the developement until operations. And a few mistakes. But the pics are very good.

Heh....keep lookin, bro....I found a site that was selling the four-volume set starting at $600. That, of course, is what convinced the wife that I should go buy these....LOL Individually, I found them on Amazon for about $35 each, paperback. So they've got to be worth something. Once I (carefully) remove the stupid labels...

Nice. Looks like 4 from an even bigger series. Are there lots of pictures?

Hello,
Yes, there are lots of pictures, more than one per page (about 300-350 pictures...). Lots of pictures are black and white and some in color...
With these 4 books, I have 6 books now. I'm happy to buy these books, very interesting. Just one problem for me, I don't speak German, so I try to translate .

Just ordered this book (hardback) from Amazon for .88 cents!!

"Battle of Britain" by Roy Conyers Nesbit

Attachments

• 51WKRJSWPYL__SS500_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 109
Nice one Chris. Don't know what the book is like, but the author is a well-respected and accurate researcher, himself a former WW2 RAF aircrew member (Coastal Command).

I saw the book mentioned in the "Best BoB Book" thread, did a google search, found on Amazon at the right price and.....on its way!

Users who are viewing this thread