A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great, indepth reviews. Thank you!

Tell me please, does the "American Secret Projects" book deal mostly with paper projects? Like how much is the book dedicated to project that at least got to the mockup stage or prototype?

Geez, now you're going to make me think as well? (You know how much trouble that gets me in around here.) The aircraft that flew get a decent amount of coverage. I'd guess probably around 35-45% of the book.
Mock-up stage probably around 20%. The remaining being paper airplanes.
That may sound excessive but remember, this is Vol I and until the J57 and T56 showed up, there really wasn't much choice in the way of turbine engines beyond the T34 and the J47. I expect Vol II to be a different mix as more bypass engines came on line and the USAF settled into more defined roles as budgets became more austere.

20191026_163904.jpg

The latest in the series has a multi-page section on Mistel operations, some Ta 152 stuff, but mostly 190 and 109 info with some small entertaining diversions. Not my favorite of the series, and it appears they have upped the price, but always a good read with interesting facts.

Looks good Paul. How many pages?

128 pages for this volume. If looking for info with pictures though not a lot of info. The Canadian aircraft book that I got couple of days ago currently going for less than 5 bucks with prime membership and free shipping and handling. It has 72 pages for a new book

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back