A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

has anyone picked up a copy yet. ? have some of my fotos included within ~

Attachments

• 637fa275ce6a7d9107c98221_NCARussiaMedcoverart1000.jpg
    637fa275ce6a7d9107c98221_NCARussiaMedcoverart1000.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 20
The TU-22M is a typical Yefim Gordon book and have a lot of his books both WWII up to modern age. Lots of details , pictures, drawings and such and here is basic over view from Amazon. In the late 1960s, the patriarch of Soviet aircraft design, Andrey Tupolev, offered the Soviet air force a supersonic bomber to replace the 1950s-vintage Tu-22 Blinder with a less capable—but cheaper—alternative to the Sukhoi design bureau's proposed T-4 strategic bomber. Tupolev did not offer it as an "all-new" aircraft but, instead, passed it off as a "massive upgrade" of the Blinder. Thus was born the Tu-22M, Tupolev's first aircraft with variable swept wings and the ability to carry both bombs and supersonic cruise missiles. In the West the new bomber became known as the Backfire. First flown in 1969, the aircraft entered production in 1972. The most widespread version was the Tu-22M3, which soldiers on today with the Russian air force. The Backfire has had an active career both in Cold War operations and in "hot" wars, from Afghanistan to Syria, where it has participated in the global war on terrorism. This book describes the Tu-22M's development, including the latest upgrades, and its Soviet and post-Soviet operations. Fleet lists are included, as is a detailed design description, and a wealth of color profiles and line drawings.

As far as the Mitsubishi Babs Vol 1 is hard cover, 191 pages. Seems to manly cover its history, profiles, photos, squadrons and tail markings, losses and campaign info. Has some performance info but not a lot, No line drawings,. I am guessing most of that will be in the second Volume but no idea when it will be released. Great book for a modeler.
Thank you

just to go with the heavily armed He 111 in the NF role the pilot Bertram was successful in NJG 100 flying the Ju 88G-6 late 44 till wars end. an interesting note the crew would shut down the engines and glide toward the Soviet ground target(s) then zoom and start up the engines.........stealth

I've read two reports of pilots who flew in the Aleutians, who described shutting down the engines of their B-26s upon touchdown, and using the windmilling props as brakes. Then, as the RPMs slowed, turning the fuel switches back on to have power for taxiing. This did not work with B-25s, that tended to backfire and stop alltogether when attempting to restart. When they returned to the States, the unorthodox practice was quickly squelched.

I have one of Bertrams operational reports...all in German ; will have to dig it out. he was not alone in performing this type of action against the Soviets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back