A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That'll be next after TFT. I'm impressed by his writing in TFSPC as it focused on command decisions driving the strategy rather than small-unit actions, and I learned an awful lot about why the leaders on both sides made the decisions they did.
I haven't read TFSPC but that sounds nice. Will look for it

Just scored a very rare one dated January 1954. Very tatty - both covers torn off with bent and torn pages - but worth preserving

1676167036247.png

1676167158731.png

You would love a visit to some of the Gold Coast mansions on the north shore of long Island by the looks of it...

I can't believe that they demolished this building! 😳😲😥

Inisfada was the North Hills, Long Island estate of Nicholas Frederic Brady and Genevieve Brady (née Garvan), a papal duke and duchess. Nicholas Brady was a convert from Episcopalianism to Catholicism and built the mansion as his family residence. Completed in 1920, the home was later given to the Jesuits. They used the building as a seminary and later as the St. Ignatius Retreat House. The property was sold in May 2013 to developers, and the house was demolished in December 2013.

250px-Inisfada_Mansion.png

I can't believe that they demolished this building! 😳😲😥

Inisfada was the North Hills, Long Island estate of Nicholas Frederic Brady and Genevieve Brady (née Garvan), a papal duke and duchess. Nicholas Brady was a convert from Episcopalianism to Catholicism and built the mansion as his family residence. Completed in 1920, the home was later given to the Jesuits. They used the building as a seminary and later as the St. Ignatius Retreat House. The property was sold in May 2013 to developers, and the house was demolished in December 2013.

View attachment 706828
The Loss Of Inisfada – Part I

I have only picked up one other magazine since before COVID. My small stash has a PBM5A and a Sunderland. I wanted to read about SP-5B Marlin. Nice story on OV-10 and Mustard Mk 1 photo recon. I could have bought a model for the price if the magazine. It will be awhile before I get another one.

Attachments

• IMG_20230216_111605.jpg
    IMG_20230216_111605.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Just scored a very rare one dated January 1954. Very tatty - both covers torn off with bent and torn pages - but worth preserving

View attachment 706590
View attachment 706591

I will in the near future. Last week read the excerpt and was fascinated by this pic. Never know of such a conversion:

View attachment 706032
Isn't there 6 20mm's, the 3 in the cockpit, 2 under the right wing root, and 1 in the gondola? Great picture, not much has been written about the He111 night fighter's, radar trainers, or straffers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back