A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked this up yesterday at a local used book store...

IMG_20130329_100740_076.jpg

I have just finished The World within War by G Linderman. Its a serious book on the effect of combat on the fighting soldier. Almost totally based on reflections but it isn't just a book of reflections, it puts them into perspective. It also looks on the impact of the Home Front and what the soldiers thought about a number of things, Officers, Red Cross entertainers etc.

Its very difficult to read at times and a lot of home truths are spoken. There is an excellent chapter Discipline not the American Way. It doesn't say that the Americans were not disciplined but in many ways their discipline differed between branches Marines, Para and Army and with other allied forces. It looks at the advantages and disadvantage of the approach and when talking about POW situations compares the experience between UK and American POWs. Both had pluses and minuses.

Its a good read but don't expect it to be an easy read.

Thank guys, I lucked out on the Stuka in Foreign colors and the wartech series books. I got them for 75 percent off the listed price due to going out of business sale. The other 3 I got for half price. :)

Some oldies and a Newb. I like to swap the pdf's for real one's when I come across them at a reasonable price. :)

20130407_152352.jpg

I've recently received Squadron Signals Phantom II and American Elite Forces-Vietnam and Lou Drendel's first ever book Aircraft of the Vietnam War. I also have Pak Six by G.I. Basel and River Rats by Lou Drendel and the Red River Valley Fighter Pilots Association on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back