A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After getting my money back, I thought that I'd treat myself, so I just ordered these books.

51J1Ei9PLkL.jpg

51X40206HPL__SY445_.jpg

51kW4ANdpuL__SY445_.jpg

41ZSTQSFTFL__SY445_.jpg

51vdMNB4NbL__SY445_.jpg

When Marcel visited the other day, we went to my favorite AF museum in Millville. They happened to have had someone donate a LARGE collection of aviation books which they had for sale. I picked out these:

"Hell's Angels: B-17 Combat Markings" by Steve Birdsall
"Bombers of WWII: Vol. 1" Aerodata Inter./ Squadon Publications
"B-17 in Color" by Steve Birdsall
"Castles in the Air" by Martin W. Bowman
"The B-17 Flying Fortress" by Steve Birdsall

Matcel also picked up a book about Lindbergh and two magazines on the P-51. All for $10!!!

Score!!!

visit.jpg

When Marcel visited the other day, we went to my favorite AF museum in Millville. They happened to have had someone donate a LARGE collection of aviation books which they had for sale. I picked out these:

"Hell's Angels: B-17 Combat Markings" by Steve Birdsall
"Bombers of WWII: Vol. 1" Aerodata Inter./ Squadon Publications
"B-17 in Color" by Steve Birdsall
"Castles in the Air" by Martin W. Bowman
"The B-17 Flying Fortress" by Steve Birdsall

Matcel also picked up a book about Lindbergh and two magazines on the P-51. All for $10!!!

Score!!!

View attachment 231005

Great scores, especially on the B-17's

Everything written by Michael Reynolds and David Glantz is good. Unlike typical pop history books they provide serious military analysis. All ground combat stuff.

I'm still searching for an author who provides a serious military analysis of WWII aerial combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back