A new book in my library. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just picked this up today to add to my 352nd FG book collection

19 bucks, 432 pages, 95 B&W photos, Interviews etc.

Attachments

• Fighters.jpg
    Fighters.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 80
Without looking too in depth just yet it seems quite good. Hopefully other editions will be released on the later versions but so far I've not seen it mentioned. As I said it's very similar to Lynn Ritger's Bf109 books which are OOP and hard to get hold of cheaply. So if you do not have the early variant edition of Lynn's book get this whilst it's hot... Has same size look and feel (Paper) as Lynn's book. Pretty much if like me you simply have to own anything and everything on the Bf109E then this book is a good call. Two sets of fold out plans at the back.

20130606_170225.jpg
20130606_170245.jpg
20130606_170259.jpg
20130606_170311.jpg
20130606_170321.jpg
20130606_170339.jpg
20130606_170353.jpg
20130606_170420.jpg
20130606_170439.jpg

I ordered Black Edelweiss today. I guess I'm allowed to post books besides aviation-related books?

A very similar format and style to the 'SAM' guides - looks good.
I noticed that too, really nice layout!

I ordered Black Edelweiss today. I guess I'm allowed to post books besides aviation-related books?
Sure go for it, I haven't seen anyone taken out back and beaten for posting non-aircraft related material so far...unless it's a bacon cookbook...

Altho I have, and read, the hardback addition, I just downloaded "The Flyboys" into my Kindle 'Touch'. I'm starting chapter five, and for some reason, do not remember reading about the history of early Japan, in the hard back edition. The one point I must have missed, along the way, was the item about Japanese Army privates, standing in lines facing each other, and trading slap for slap, in the face. I just cannot imagine doing that, for any reason. Anyhow, I'm enjoying the book..... even tho it is the second time around.

Charles

Altho I have, and read, the hardback addition, I just downloaded "The Flyboys" into my Kindle 'Touch'. I'm starting chapter five, and for some reason, do not remember reading about the history of early Japan, in the hard back edition. The one point I must have missed, along the way, was the item about Japanese Army privates, standing in lines facing each other, and trading slap for slap, in the face. I just cannot imagine doing that, for any reason. Anyhow, I'm enjoying the book..... even tho it is the second time around.

Charles
i have that book as well Charles. It's a good background story about the Japanese soldiers mindset and the environment that made it possible. But the story itself is horrible, showing the worst of human kind I think.

Order of Battle: German Infantry in WWII
Sniping in The Great War

I picked up both today for about $15. The German book is very informative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back