A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good haul, Paul. Those little Airfix guides are still good today - got a couple myself - and considering they're from the early 1970's, and it took another 30 to 40 years to see something similar, but larger and much more expensive, they're great value too.

Thanks Terry!!

Well I thought I was done with books for the airshow when I stumbled on these two that I could not resist LOL

Attachments

• HPIM2390.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 78
  • HPIM2391.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 81
I love it when some good books are found at air show stalls. I could have loaded up with cheap books at the Cosford show, but would have had problems carrying them all, and finding space in the car! As a result, I only came away with two - but I'll be on the look out at Duxford in September, that's for sure!

Thanks Terry,

I ended up picking up a few more. The one page is from the book Hawker Hurricane by F.K. Manson. Has a lot of data in it as you can see by the picture of some of the pages.

Attachments

• HPIM2513.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 70
  • HPIM2517.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 83
My oh my you have been a busy collector Paul!

LOL had to Wayne, I just found out the dealer I use at Airventure is only going to do this for 2 more years and retiring. He has a ton of great books at decent prices so it was hard not to buy and since he only does this once a year with no other business I had to get them while I could.

Nice! How are the "Germany Fighters Over..." series?

Good David, nice but small but with sharp pictures from the German Bildarchiv. I wouldn't mind getting more of them if I can find them for the right cost. I got those two for 7 dollars each.

By the way two more I got today

Attachments

• HPIM2518.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Nice finds, Paul!

My collection is microscopic compared to most, here, but it's increasing a little at a time.

Here's two more additions:
American X Y Planes, Volume One: Experimental Aircraft to 1945 by Kev Darling, 144 pages, loaded with photos. [ISBN: 9781847971418]

Covers all the experimental and prototypes of the U.S. military from the beginning of American military aviation through the end of WWII. There's several aircraft in there I had never heard of, so it's been a rewarding addition!

Dog Company, the Boys of Pointe du Hoc by Patrick O'Donnell. 305 pages, about 30 photos. [ISBN: 9780306820298]
This book follows Dog Company, 2nd Ranger Battalion, U.S. Army from Normandy through the Hutgen Forest and the Bulge and all points in between. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it sure looks like it's going to be good!

Thanks Aarron, that X-planes looks good but I better stop before the misses puts me in the shed. 10 books in two weeks I think I better start reading a few LOL. I am getting as bad as David!!!

Users who are viewing this thread