A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems like it's an on-going series. As far as when each is published, it varies year to year (ex. 2011 there was only 1 issue published, 2012 there where 2), I imagine depending on how many photos they can collect to fill an issue.

Good stuff Wayne.
Just had these two delivered in the last couple of days, the first one following a tip-off from Glenn (thanks mate, great reference book).
Just waiting for a third B-24 book to arrive from the USA, bought for the princely sum of £6.50, including shipping, after seeing the same book advertised for £140 !!

Attachments

• Can Jan 768.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Can Jan 769.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 82
It's excellent Paul, and very comprehensive.
It covers every known combination of external changes made to all B-24s fitted with nose turrets, broken down by Model type, factory and block numbers. It's fully illustrated throughout, including scale drawings of each Model/Block number, and with colour profiles showing the paint styles used by each factory, and includes the serial listings for each block.
At first glance, it looks like a confusing maze, but it really sets out, for the first time,what was what, and already I'm beginning to identify types just by such things as navigator's windows, for example.
Well worth having, and I must again thank Glenn for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks Terry for the feedback Adding to my wish list!!!

NICE! I really enjoy the Air Collection series of Japanese aircraft.

-------------------------------

My long awaited book finally arrived and it is up to their normal standards of awesomeness. I cannot wait for Vol 2 to come out!

Yep, any serious aviation artist, or competent modeller will find it very, very useful.
Alan Griffith fully deserves the heartiest thanks and congratulations for the huge task in researching, assembling and presenting such a comprehensive work.

How is that IJA Bomber book? Are there many nice pictures? (I can't read you know...)

Hi Vick,

there are lots of profiles in the book but no pictures. Also lots of info in each army squadron. Only complaint I would have so far is there are no actual photographs. Every picture is a profile but other then that I am happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread