A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Received today :) and very happy
Capturer.JPG

Infos here...
POLISH WINGS#13 ? SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE IX 1942-1943 from MMP
or here
Review: Polish Wings 13 - Spitfire Mk IX 1942-1943 (Part 1) | IPMS/USA

Looks like an interesting book Steph.
Volume 3 of 'Luftwaffe Crash Archive' arrived today - includes an interesting snippet regarding Bf109 I.D. paint colours.

Attachments

• Buys 280.jpg
    Buys 280.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 99
They're good Wayne, although I have spotted a couple of minor errors regarding historic facts. Example - the well known photo of the KG76 Do17, burnt out, after attacking Kenley. The author has it attacking Biggin Hill, with crew bailing out (it belly landed on the outskirts of B.H. airfield), something which has been stated in a number of accounts, even though the complete story is covered, in detail, in a number of books, especially 'The Hardest Day', by Dr.Price.
But, as every crash site is covered, and many of the photos haven't been seen before, and some interesting facts revealed (the I.D. paint change, yellow, to white, to yellow, being a good example), each volume is worth the £25 (£20 direct from the publisher.).
Don't know if I'll get the full set though (currently proposed as ten volumes), although I'll certainly get the rest covering the BoB.

Well, there's so much to cover, the BoB alone is already at 3 volumes, and that's just up to early September!
When I have a minute or ten, I'll scan some sample pages from each volume, and e-mail them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back