A new book in my library. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Came home early from work and this tome (almost 400 pages) was waithing in my mailbox.

IMG_20131021_133430_036.jpg

Well if you love tons and tons of pictures of big silver planes, then this is your book! Only about a 100 pages in and I had to put it down, so the jury is still out. (Why, oh why, didn't the Commies camo their planes?)

UPDATE: Over-all a good book with tons of picture, but ultimately visually monotonous. Great pictures of Beagles being uncrated in Cuba during the crisis and with the added bonus of covering the ASW boats and carriers, with their ever changing tactical numbers and in one case name. Text is definitely worth the price of the book as it's all new to me and very interesting in many places, especially when talking about testing and service introduction.

Last edited:
Not a new book, but a discovery!

My family owned a Cherokee Warrior ages ago (in the 70's), and I came across the Owner's Manual that I had thought been lost, while digging through a box of old paperwork. I recall it had some certificates and something else paper-clipped inside the cover, no idea where those are, just glad to have found the manual!

Brought back some great memories! :)

CherokeeWarrior_owners-manual[382x494].jpg

Squadron was having another one of their book sales. I also picked up a book on the Norden bombsight from Wife #3 (aka Amazon.com)

Attachments

• book56.jpg
    book56.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back