A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Picked up this one a couple of days ago. Another Mushroom classic.

View attachment 247122

Hello Capt. Vick,

Does the French flying boat book have anything on the Potez-CAMS 161, the Lioré et Olivier H-49 (which became the SNCASE SE.200), or the Latécoère 631? These were pre-war passenger flying boat aircraft that were under construction when the Germans invaded, halting their construction. The Germans restarted their construction in March 1941, and an example of each had been completed and flown by the end of 1942. These aircraft were subsequently destroyed in Allied bombing raids. After World War II, ten examples of the Latécoère 631 were built.

Thanks,

Hello Capt. Vick,

Does the French flying boat book have anything on the Potez-CAMS 161, the Lioré et Olivier H-49 (which became the SNCASE SE.200), or the Latécoère 631? These were pre-war passenger flying boat aircraft that were under construction when the Germans invaded, halting their construction. The Germans restarted their construction in March 1941, and an example of each had been completed and flown by the end of 1942. These aircraft were subsequently destroyed in Allied bombing raids. After World War II, ten examples of the Latécoère 631 were built.

Thanks,

I will look when I get home tomorrow. In the mean-time you may be able to answer your own question by watching this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Oo6BIkTzo

Hello Capt. Vick,

Thanks,

No, I'm sorry my friend. Nothing in there under those names. Closest one is a Latécoère 611.

Good stuff chaps.
Just picked up these two for a snip. Well, two snips really - one snip each !
So far, the 303 Sqn book is fascinating. Not just a history of the Squadron, built around the stories of six men, but a history of the Polish Air Force and a potted history of Poland combined, along with some basic lessons in Polish and its pronunciation. Well worth getting.

Attachments

• Buys 287.jpg
    Buys 287.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Buys 288.jpg
    Buys 288.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 62
Whoa, now that has the makings of a great book! How is it do far?

Not bad so far David, I thought it would be some dry reading but so far I really am enjoying it. I may even see if I can find book 1 for a reasonable price. I lucked out and picked that one up at the half price books store plus had a coupon for 40% off so I got the book for 20 bucks LOL. Normally listed 70 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back