A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just received this one this morning, another ex-library book in excellent condition, for pennies! Can't argue with that!

DSC_0435_zps4t8newm7.jpg

DSC_0436_zpsmc1gzzn5.jpg

.....and it's from...hmmmm.....eerrrmmmm.....aaahh....well, it's from Wales!

DSC_0437_zpsmxikbwlt.jpg

Interesting this with HMS Nabob, which had both Royal Navy and Royal Canadian Navy personnel, which, as it says in the book, led to many problems at first...

Wolfgang Samuel wrote a bio that you should check out too - entitled "German Boy", in it he describes his life in 1944/45, the son of Luftwaffe officer in East Germany whose family are forced to flee the Russians. His father disappears, his mother meets an American in a shattered post-war Germany and the family emigrates. Samuel becomes an American citizen and joins the USAF to fly B-47s and B-66s; a quite amazing and moving story!

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, I see it now.
Interesting looking book on the often forgotten B-66.
Good stuff Jan - can't beat the prices for ex-library books, even more so if you can get them direct from the library, at an average of 50p to £1 max!
Bet you can't pronounce that wording in the stamp though!
I just double checked how much I paid for that Marauder book that's on the way - 85 Pence ! With shipping it's just over £3.00 - and from the 'States at that!!

Wolfgang Samuel wrote a bio that you should check out too - entitled "German Boy", in it he describes his life in 1944/45, the son of Luftwaffe officer in East Germany whose family are forced to flee the Russians. His father disappears, his mother meets an American in a shattered post-war Germany and the family emigrates. Samuel becomes an American citizen and joins the USAF to fly B-47s and B-66s; a quite amazing and moving story!

This book is on my list. I know his story. It is on the blurb of the B-66 book.
And yes, the story is really amazing. Entering the USA 16 year old from Germany in 1951 and graduating High School in 1953. A smart boy.

Thanks Jim, I see it now.
Interesting looking book on the often forgotten B-66.
Good stuff Jan - can't beat the prices for ex-library books, even more so if you can get them direct from the library, at an average of 50p to £1 max!
Bet you can't pronounce that wording in the stamp though!
I just double checked how much I paid for that Marauder book that's on the way - 85 Pence ! With shipping it's just over £3.00 - and from the 'States at that!!

SCORE!!

This book is on my list. I know his story. It is on the blurb of the B-66 book.
And yes, the story is really amazing. Entering the USA 16 year old from Germany in 1951 and graduating High School in 1953. A smart boy.

Hi guys, you might also be interested in this book -
Ex-Luftwaffe MBE
You can down load it and read in in PDF format in the above link.

This will keep me busy.

IMG_0794_zpsdedaeec3.gif

738 pages of transcripts from the Military Situation Conferences from December 1942 until the end. The rest (total 1155 pages) made up of extensive notes etc.

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back