A new book in my library. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So every year I usually do one big order of books, Usually Japanese aircraft with a mix of other stuff. This year way different. Post man will kill me as at least half supposed to arrive between today and tomorrow. Wife might kill me as well but oh well. Could have worse habits LOL Should completed my Soviet library for a while.

31BAf9ilBIS._SS142_.jpg
41AReGd9wXL._SS142_.jpg
41k-EnFuUyS._SS142_.jpg
41LiiOgMDOL._SY373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
41r7K1ygogL._SS142_.jpg
51A240UJrtL._SS142_.jpg
51bV7845cgL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51C6FApI0kL._SX352_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51cr44s7VxL._SS142_.jpg
51gjT6k2ZFS._SS142_.jpg
51lZVebwC0L._SY90_.jpg
51mTsxlKvXL._SY90_.jpg
51nmXN13E1L._SX90_.jpg
518pWfAIUoL._SS142_.jpg
518USDF1CxL._SS142_.jpg

So every year I usually do one big order of books, Usually Japanese aircraft with a mix of other stuff. This year way different. Post man will kill me as at least half supposed to arrive between today and tomorrow. Wife might kill me as well but oh well. Could have worse habits LOL Should completed my Soviet library for a while.

View attachment 713289View attachment 713290View attachment 713291View attachment 713292View attachment 713293View attachment 713294View attachment 713295View attachment 713296View attachment 713297View attachment 713298View attachment 713299View attachment 713300View attachment 713301View attachment 713302View attachment 713303
Great haul Paul.

View attachment 713289View attachment 713290View attachment 713291View attachment 713292View attachment 713293View attachment 713294View attachment 713295View attachment 713296View attachment 713297View attachment 713298View attachment 713299View attachment 713300View attachment 713301View attachment 713302View attachment 713303
Mind sharing your source? I have been lucky with a bookshop in Nashville but for mail order I had been using ThriftBooks.

My wife works, so when delivered, my books disappear into the existing stash. So far, she has not noticed the growth, however my first daughter, recently walking through the shop showed a look of panic on her face. I'm sure it was due to my age, 82, and her thought of clearing the stuff out.

My wife works, so when delivered, my books disappear into the existing stash. So far, she has not noticed the growth, however my first daughter, recently walking through the shop showed a look of panic on her face. I'm sure it was due to my age, 82, and her thought of clearing the stuff out.

That reminds me of a conversation with my young ones. Their looking at the contents that I have in my workshop, asked me what I'm going to do with all this 'stuff'? My reply. "Not going to be my problem"! Still not, still there.

Mind sharing your source? I have been lucky with a bookshop in Nashville but for mail order I had been using ThriftBooks.
Oh I have many sources, thrift book stores, Half price book stores, Amazon, Book Deposit, Abe Books and others including good will. Amazon if you look under used books can also be used. You have to figure out shipping and handling and such but there are a ton of places.

Hope it helps Ralph

Live long enough to be a burden to your children.
That'll learn 'em.

I use Amazon and as mentioned I look at the alternative book listed, often get a better price, thrift books and half price books (not so much half price anymore). Also I find something that sparks my interest and just plug it into a google search and see what pops up! Found the Spit and Hurricane Haynes manuals on Evilbay! Saved a bunch from a bookstore in Florida.

If there are any of you that are in the Nashville TN area, and don't know about them, McKay's in SW Nashville (Old Hickory Blvd) is a must stop. My daughter travels there a lot and always stops, takes cel photos of the WWII shelves full of books, sends to me for shopping. Super bargaing compared to any of the online places. But then again it's in Nashville and they do have a website but no list of books.

Edit: Seems they have two more locations in TN, Knoxville and Chattanooga as well as two in NC, Greensboro and Winston Salem

Oh I have many sources, thrift book stores, Half price book stores, Amazon, Book Deposit, Abe Books and others including good will. Amazon if you look under used books can also be used. You have to figure out shipping and handling and such but there are a ton of places.

Hope it helps Ralph

I use bookfinder.com - they even calculate the postage so you can sort by delivered cost in your currency

Couple more with a Malta slant. There's appears to be some more interesting background on the Club Run Spitfire deliveries in the Mansfield book, told from a pilot's perspective.

It's remarkable what can be picked up for a few quid second hand!

View attachment 711307

Oh gosh, I've got my next book to order, the Hastings work on Pedestal. Thanks!

I just started in on The First Team and the Guadalcanal Campaign. I think this'll be the last of my Lundstrom jag for a while, thanks for a great suggestion to go into something different. Also hoping to compare what I've learnt from Lundstrom about American carrier ops to what Hastings will be writing about RN ops. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back