A new book in my library.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just arrived after a long wait.
Pre-ordered just over a year ago, and due last September, but publication delayed until now. Looks like it was worth the wait though. Hardback, 222 pages, loads of photos and full listings of all aircraft involved, including their varied movie markings, use in the movie, history, and fate.
As it's 55 years ago this year, since the movie was made, I now know I'm officially old !

Buys 592.JPG

I got this in the post yesterday, started it last night, am 140 pages in, it's good reading:

61CFzi8OMpL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

But contrary to the cover blurb, it's not a "biography", but rather a recounting of Nimitz's decisions as guided by his leadership principles.

Just arrived after a long wait.
Pre-ordered just over a year ago, and due last September, but publication delayed until now. Looks like it was worth the wait though. Hardback, 222 pages, loads of photos and full listings of all aircraft involved, including their varied movie markings, use in the movie, history, and fate.
As it's 55 years ago this year, since the movie was made, I now know I'm officially old !

View attachment 717584
Most interesting Terry..:thumbright:

Had this pass across my desk a couple of days ago. Donated to charity and unused I was hoping it would be worth a dollar or two, but sadly not. However I thought it was of interest as I've only seen the simple fold and fly origami plane sets before, not an intricate 3D origami, though these would be more for display and not for flying.

20230429 a.JPG

20230429 b.JPG

20230429 c.JPG

:D

Didn't quite understand Vic - are you trying to sell that Origami book? My kids would love it. If it's up for grabs, let me know what you'd like for it.
Sorry, no I'm not selling it and my apologies for the misunderstanding. My partner does charity work for LifeLIne, she sorts book donations at a warehouse here in the city along with a whole group of other people. The donations do not just involve books but a whole range of other things, some of these being craft items both for young and old, toys, art supplies and model kits and it's these few things that involves me, I get a couple or more of box fulls each week to sort and price, this origami set being in the last batch. These donations to LifeLine, having been sorted are then sold at a book fare held in Canberra twice a year and the money raised is used to support the LifeLine help line that is open 24/7. It is quite a huge affair and regularly raises well over a million dollars each year and it's all done by volunteers. :D

Sorry, no I'm not selling it and my apologies for the misunderstanding. My partner does charity work for LifeLIne, she sorts book donations at a warehouse here in the city along with a whole group of other people. The donations do not just involve books but a whole range of other things, some of these being craft items both for young and old, toys, art supplies and model kits and it's these few things that involves me, I get a couple or more of box fulls each week to sort and price, this origami set being in the last batch. These donations to LifeLine, having been sorted are then sold at a book fare held in Canberra twice a year and the money raised is used to support the LifeLine help line that is open 24/7. It is quite a huge affair and regularly raises well over a million dollars each year and it's all done by volunteers. :D
Interesting!

I hit reply accidentally. Wonderful work.

Maybe you should discuss with the moderators and Lifeline the possibility of having a LifeLine bookshop thread on the forum.

I object very strongly to people using the forum to price or try and sell their own goods but Lifeline is a great charity and the mods may make an exception for LifeLine and other recognised charities - subject to multiple hoops to prove they are genuine of course.

I know my local lifeline dumps books that do not sell at their annual sale and this would help save a percentage of such books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back