A random bit of strangeness.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very strange indeed!
This might sound strange too, even a bit 'loony' - back in the early 1980s, for an audio-visual project I was involved in at the time, I had to photograph some of the artefacts at this same museum, one of them being a beautiful, and priceless, Egyptian bust, or mask. I set this extremely valuable object in the center of a table, and set up the camera for the shots, watched closely by one of the staff, a female professor. As I bent and looked through the viewfinder, I was suddenly overcome by a very powerful, tingling sensation, and felt very cold. This only lasted seconds, and I took a series of six shots, from front and side.
The lighting and exposure conditions were identical for each shot, but, when I processed the transparency film, the first two of the frontal shots were completely blank.
There was no fault in the camera, film or processing, and every other frame on the film was fine.
Every time since then, when I've viewed similar Egyptian artefacts in museums, I've had a similar tingling and cold sensation, just for the first few seconds.

I love $hit like that. Great story, Airframes.

Yeah the stature doesn't move during no or little traffic and it precesses in a constant direction. I would first ask if it only precesses 270+ degrees then stops or continues round and round a full 360+ degrees. I'm guessing that it only moves the 270 degrees or so then stops... a curator spins it back round again and it starts all over. I would bet a paycheck that the carved rock stand that it is sitting upon has a cone pronouncement relatively in the middle of the stand foundation. Or that the floor area upon which it is standing upon has a barely perceptable cone shaped pronouncement protruding from the floor. Either way test by moving to another area of the floor (no movement then suspect the orginal floor placement) or put felt pads on three or four opposing sides of the slab foundation (no movement then suspect the either one).

Bet you anything that the museum floor is made out of engineered lumber. That garbage is notorious for flex.

Last edited:
The first thing I noticed was that it moved during the day when people were walking around. But it has been in the same case for 80 years.
So, why start now?
And again in a different light, it's been in the same case for 80 years, so why start now? Clever manipulation of video to get a spotlight on this museum?....

Very strange indeed!
This might sound strange too, even a bit 'loony' - back in the early 1980s, for an audio-visual project I was involved in at the time, I had to photograph some of the artefacts at this same museum, one of them being a beautiful, and priceless, Egyptian bust, or mask. I set this extremely valuable object in the center of a table, and set up the camera for the shots, watched closely by one of the staff, a female professor. As I bent and looked through the viewfinder, I was suddenly overcome by a very powerful, tingling sensation, and felt very cold. This only lasted seconds, and I took a series of six shots, from front and side.
The lighting and exposure conditions were identical for each shot, but, when I processed the transparency film, the first two of the frontal shots were completely blank.
There was no fault in the camera, film or processing, and every other frame on the film was fine.
Every time since then, when I've viewed similar Egyptian artefacts in museums, I've had a similar tingling and cold sensation, just for the first few seconds.
Might have been the female professor?

The first thing I noticed was that it moved during the day when people were walking around. But it has been in the same case for 80 years.
So, why start now?
And again in a different light, it's been in the same case for 80 years, so why start now? Clever manipulation of video to get a spotlight on this museum?....

Thats why I said settling. Stuff changes over time - even floors.

You want creepy sh!t.............

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL10HzYG9F0

So, why start now?

Underground subway? Nearby bridge or roadway built? Who knows. Again Occums Razor says floor or stand-base is not flat and c-of-g during vibration is causing a precession.

Oh its a movie. Gdammit, I thought it was time lapse film from some family. What is all the pixelation you see to the left of the bed. That looks hinky.

I am a believer in science, first and foremost.
That being said, I also have had experiences that defy normal explanations.
But my first inclination is to find something rational before going all "spooky".
It is just my nature. I am very interested in the unusual, but I have a keen nose for fakes.
And I still say that the tingling that Terry had was caused by the female professor.

The statue is sure interesting, and in my experience plausible.

Unusual that it only occurs during the day (Following the sun?), would be interesting to stick a weight in it's path to test Matt's theories (or just move the statue to another spot like he said)

I can well believe what Terry said too.
Those who don't see, hear or feel them think it's all baloney and that anyone who does are crackpots. All I can say is 'you have to be there' (and in some cases, be grateful you were NOT there...)

Last edited:
Some of the "mysterious" stuff we encounter can be simply explained by some logic and a little science, but then there's things that simply cannot (or should not) be figured out.

As far as sleeping through things, I'm known to sleep through earthquakes, terrible storms (wind howling, lightning/thunder, second coming of the Lord, etc.) but let there be a soft noise or a little creaking in the still of the night and I'm wide awake...

I got a 1962 Chevy Nova back in 1986, it was a basket case and in need of serious work. The previous owners never had luck with it and it changed hands many times. I started rebuilding it and found it had been in a serious broadside wreck, so I set about fixing all that was wrong. Over time, I noticed it had a "temper" and would do random, annoying things that would get me thinking about pushing it off a pier. One day, I was late for work and took it instead of my other car, and came to a red light...as the light turned green I went to go and it simply shut off, like 0 electricity off, stopping me dead in the crosswalk. At that very moment, a cement mixer blew through the intersection and would have placed it's front bumper squarly in my driver's door had I not stalled. It has done other "odd" things over the years, but that was the most notable...

Regarding the wreck it had been involved in many years earlier, it was a broadside wreck to the driver's side in which the driver was killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back